Album art unstable when using Chrome

Brian R

Nov 18, 2020, 3:19:01 PM11/18/20
to Brennan Forum
This is not a major problem since the WUI works perfectly with other browsers  Firefox, Edge, Vivaldi and Opera.
I am puzzled why the album art in my 'now playing' pane is either absent or comes and goes on Chrome depending on where my cursor is on the screen.  Has anyone else seen this occur ?
This effect can sometimes correct itself during the course of the track but reappears when the track changes.
I'm using Windows 10 and the current B2 software but the problem was the same with 1 July software. Chrome is also the latest version. I am using the original WUI

Brian

PMB

Nov 19, 2020, 3:15:29 AM11/19/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Brian R,

Not seeing a problem with Chrome - Version 87.0.4280.66 (Official Build) (64-bit). What's the WiFi signal like at the B2 - Maintenance menu > WiFi Strength?

Also try clearing 'browser data' - 'cookies and other site data' and 'cached images and files', opena  new Chrome page and type the IP Address in, rather than using a bookmark or shortcut.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Brian R

Nov 19, 2020, 3:52:54 AM11/19/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul
Sorry I forgot to say that I am connected by ethernet  and have tried the cache cleaning and manual address entry.

Brian

lesliebr...@gmail.com

Nov 19, 2020, 4:57:04 AM11/19/20
to Brennan Forum
Brian, do you still have a Wi-Fi dongle connected to the B2? This may be causing a conflict. Try it without the dongle.

Brian R

Nov 19, 2020, 5:22:20 AM11/19/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Leslie
No dongle connected.
 I have tried another Windows 10 laptop this morning and got the same result . The other machine  has Kaspersky anti virus rather than Norton so I now know it's not an anti virus issue . Thanks for responding
Brian

PMB

Nov 20, 2020, 3:44:41 AM11/20/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi All,

I have been unable to reproduce Brian's problem with Album Art on the web UI (original) and Chrome. Anyone else noticed any problems?

Paul
Brennan support.

Brian R

Nov 20, 2020, 8:25:34 AM11/20/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi All
So it looks like it's just me then!.
I have narrowed it down further by trying two other PCs each on Windows 7 , they work fine on Chrome so the problem would seem to be limited to Windows 10.
It really is the strangest effect . When the fault is showing If I move the cursor along the now playing panel I get the following result
Equaliser button Album art showing, Random button no Art, Back button Art, Play button no Art, Next button Art showing. and so on over the whole UI.
Incidentally the Album Art showing seems to be sourced from an Embedded pic rather than the Cover Art image in the folder.
Like I said at the start it's no big deal as I can always use another browser. Like a lot of us I have time on my hands during Lockdown so issues like this become a challenge.
Brian

fred.w....@gmail.com

Nov 20, 2020, 10:27:23 PM11/20/20
to Brennan Forum
Have you tried this to clear the issue?

In Chrome go here in the top right
a.JPG
click on the 3 dots and from the dropdown that appears, select "settings"
Then in the Settings screen Select "Advanced" then "Reset and clean up"

a.JPG

This will Reset Chrome settings to default - (You might need to do this if apps or extensions that you installed changed your settings without your knowledge. Your saved bookmarks and passwords won't be cleared or changed.)

What changes when you restore your settings

On your Chrome profile, the following settings will change to the default on all devices where you're signed in:

  • Default search engine, which is changed back to Google.
  • Homepage and tabs.
  • The new tab page.
  • Tabs that you have pinned.
  • Content settings,
  • Cookies and site data,
  • Extensions and themes.
This MAY help with your issue.

Brian R

Nov 21, 2020, 6:42:18 AM11/21/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Fred
Thanks for the suggestion , Unfortunately it had no effect. I had spent quite a lot of time trying Chrome's multitude of options individually, hoping to tie down a particular culprit,without success but had held back from the blunderbuss approach.
The way that this effect can heal itself during a track. sometimes after a few seconds sometimes a minute or more is interesting, something is just on the edge.
Brian

Brian R

Nov 21, 2020, 7:06:37 AM11/21/20
to Brennan Forum
I've just found that the Image is stable on the few Mp3  tracks I have on the B2. Is the tagging different ?
Brian

Brian R

Nov 21, 2020, 5:52:51 PM11/21/20
to Brennan Forum
I've traced and cleared the fault .It turned out to be a corrupt Album file in the B2 , After deleting the Album (which played OK in all other ways) normal  operation returned.
I know little about software and would welcome any feedback from those members with expertise in this field.
I was drawn to this particular album because it was showing the wrong artwork in the now playing area (not the image which was in the cover art file) the displayed image was obviously embedded in some way. I was under the impression that the B2 did not use embedded or tagged art. This was not a new album but rather one which I loaded in 2015. Any thoughts?

Brian

PMB

Nov 22, 2020, 4:09:00 PM11/22/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Brian,

Not sure why the album was causing the issue but great that you managed to fix the problem.

The problem with fixing a bug is being able to reproduce it.......

Paul
Brennan Support.