Help with NAS please

Jaime Jenkinson

Dec 30, 2020, 3:52:47 PM12/30/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi,

Brand new to Brennan B2 as this was a Christmas present.

I am trying to set up NAS , not very techy sorry.

I installed FE file explorer and have followed the instructions on the Brennan website.  It brings up a blank screen, it seems to have connected ok by asking for the password etc but just doesn’t pull anything through.  Should i be able to see the files with all the cds in?

I have switched NAS on on the Brennan itself.

I am using an IPAD Pro so not sure if that makes a difference.

Will the NAS connection allow me to play my tunes on my iPad for example using headphones plugged in directly to my iPad?  That’s what I was aiming for it to do but not sure if that is what NAS is for?!

Can anyone offer any advice?

Daniel Taylor

Dec 30, 2020, 4:04:00 PM12/30/20
to Brennan Forum
I would think that once a good NAS connection is made, you should be able to use the B2's HDD as a music source that you can play on your iPad.

For NAS setup, I'm not sure if an iPad would behave the same as a Mac laptop.  But there are instructions on the forum for Macs.  Search for NAS and Mac.  After you have entered username and password, it will take quite a long time for the B2 to provide the complete listing of all the folders and files to the host computer (in this case, the iPad).  So patience is required.  On my Windows machine, I see a progress bar growing near the top of the file explorer program.

Jaime Jenkinson

Dec 30, 2020, 4:07:28 PM12/30/20
to Brennan Forum
Thank you, that’s really helpful, and such a quick reply.  Will try on my sons Mac and see if that’s any different.  Great to know I can then use the apple device to listen to my CDs.