Discovering new internet radio stations

Nigel Parkes

Feb 28, 2018, 6:27:42 AM2/28/18
to Brennan Forum
Ok we've agreed musical taste on the forum is 'eclectic' and long may it diversify ;-)

I came across a site for discovering new internet radio stations a few months back called Radio Garden  there's lots of features I haven't quite worked out but initially you select stations by geographical location on a spinning globe (you'd be amazed what they listen to in Alaska!).

A few faves:

Monocle 24, mix of 'poppy music' and some very informed current affairs and culture programmes from an urban viewpoint
The Arrow, non stop classic rock
All the usual BBC stations
There's some non stop buddhist radio station broadcasting in English out of Tibet (really!)

For me, decent sound on Internet radio was one of the additional selling points of the Brennan.

Back to working through that 37 cd Shostakovich set..

Tony

Feb 28, 2018, 8:47:22 AM2/28/18
to Brennan Forum
@Nigel :  Have you figured out how to get usable information for specific stations out of Radio Garden and into the b2 ?

Nigel Parkes

Feb 28, 2018, 9:23:03 AM2/28/18
to Brennan Forum
@Tony, Nothing efficient I'm afraid. I just use the name of the station and then use the search function on the B2 (which I think gives a geographic option).

I'll play around with it once I've finished ripping my CD collection

Brennan Support

Mar 7, 2018, 5:01:57 AM3/7/18
to Brennan Forum
Hi Nigel

You've piqued my interest - Buddhist radio - how do I find it?

Martin

Mike W

Mar 7, 2018, 5:22:53 AM3/7/18
to Brennan Forum
Martin, would it be possible to have a similar function to youtube on the B2 where a radio station url could be typed in and then saved to one of the presets?

regards
Mike

Brennan Support

Apr 9, 2018, 6:10:33 AM4/9/18
to Brennan Forum
Hi Mike

Your post got lost - yes that is certainly possible (and desirable) its on the wishlist.

I've listened to the Buddhist radio a few times - sometimes I like it, sometimes it seems a bit academic/theological

Martin

Nigel Parkes

Apr 15, 2018, 10:15:56 AM4/15/18
to Brennan Forum
Hi Martin,

Sorry for the late reply.

There ought to be some sage answer:

'you'll find it when you stop looking for it!' :)))

If you go to the soundgarden website and navigate the globe to Tibet, it's about the only station shown!

Nigel