NAS

Michael Sneade

Apr 9, 2021, 3:50:52 PM4/9/21
to Brennan Forum
All of a sudden after having my B2 for 3 years or so I have lost my connection between my computer and the B2. The app on my phone and iPad can't find it either.
I have a mapped drive and my i.p address hasn't changed.
I have tried rebooting laptop and computer.
I have stopped NAS and started NAS.
Has been working well even after the last software update.
Still plays music.

Any ideas?

Mike

Peter Lowham

Apr 9, 2021, 4:03:51 PM4/9/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Mike,

Have you tried rebooting your router?  It might have taken a bit of a sulk!  Routers do this from time to time.  A router power down and up might resolve this.

Regards,
Peter.

Michael Sneade

Apr 9, 2021, 4:14:30 PM4/9/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Peter

Yes, I tried that without success.

Mike

Peter Lowham

Apr 9, 2021, 4:30:28 PM4/9/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Mike,

Next question; is your B2 connected wirelessly to the router?  If so, is the B2 showing an IP address in the scrolling front panel display?

Regards,
Peter.

Michael Sneade

Apr 9, 2021, 4:34:20 PM4/9/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Peter

Yes, it's wireless and the IP address is scrolling. That matches the router IP address. The WiFi dongle is also blinking blue.

Mike

Peter Lowham

Apr 9, 2021, 5:27:22 PM4/9/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Mike,

Next couple of tests!

1.  Goto 'Settings' --> 'Maintenance' --> 'WiFi Strength' and log the result.  If it is greater than -55dBm then something might have happened to your Wifi network and the signal is not strong enough (-40dBM is stronger than -60dBm)

2.  Goto 'Settings' --> 'Maintenance' --> 'Reset WiFi' then run ''Retry WiFi' and see if the B2 reconnects.

Regards,
Peter.

Michael Sneade

Apr 10, 2021, 3:54:03 AM4/10/21
to Brennan Forum

Hi Peter

WiFi strength was -35dBM

Reset and Retry WiFi didn't work either.

Sorry

Mike

Mike W

Apr 10, 2021, 5:37:03 AM4/10/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Mike, does the b2 play radio stations ok?

Mike

Peter Lowham

Apr 10, 2021, 6:59:13 AM4/10/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Mike,

You WiFi signal is very good, so that's not the problem.

Have you checked that the IP address that is scrolling in the front panel display is the same as the IP address that you are using in your browsers and apps?  Routers can change the IP address that they send out to a device such as the B2.

Regards,
Peter.

Michael Sneade

Apr 10, 2021, 8:45:36 AM4/10/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Mike W & Peter

The scrolling IP address id the same as the router.

All of a sudden the B2 has reappeared on my network and I can now add files. Not sure what changed?

I did check if it would still play radio stations and it does, but my presets aren't there anymore. Ho hum, I will add them again.

Thanks for your attention guys.

Regards

Mike

Mike W

Apr 10, 2021, 8:49:15 AM4/10/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Mike, glad to hear it's all working again. It's so frustrating when it just does that and you can't pinpoint what the resolution was.

Enjoy

Mike