Christmas Playlist

sioba...@gmail.com

Dec 4, 2020, 9:54:10 AM12/4/20
to Brennan Forum
Is it possible to have tracks purely on a playlist - currently we create a christmas playlist and then delete them as don't want them playing in middle of the summer.

Thanks

Ian Voce

Dec 4, 2020, 10:27:50 AM12/4/20
to Brennan Forum
I agree with you, there should be a way to “Not Play” certain albums.

Regards

marcus

Dec 4, 2020, 1:29:25 PM12/4/20
to Brennan Forum
there should be a way to "not play" certain tracks or artists too.  it's on the wishlist already i guess.

(1) you could add all christmas related music to one playlist and all the rest to another.  but this you knew before, didn't you.

(2) i have written a small script running on the B2 which randomizes the database file album by album.  all classic music and spoken word albums are shifted to the end of the randomized order by a special displacement list.  could be the christmas music in your case.  (sorry.  i'm not aware if andyC did include this in his randomized B2DB on windows program too.)

but i would really love to set some single tracks of an album to "not play" too - the annoying early 90's so called "hidden" tracks or an interview in the middle of a soundtrack or ...  but i think we can wish forever as long sonos or youtube or spotify are around.

ober!schöne grüße,
marcus.

hbu...@gmail.com

Dec 4, 2020, 1:43:36 PM12/4/20
to Brennan Forum

Daniel Taylor

Dec 5, 2020, 2:32:54 PM12/5/20
to Brennan Forum
If I remember correctly, you can make a playlist with everything on it.  Make another playlist with just holiday music on it.  Then modify the Everything playlist to omit what's on the holiday playlist.  If you start looking at the playlist options, it should become apparent how to do it.