Intermittent power problem

Wendy Berry

Nov 29, 2021, 12:48:10 PM11/29/21
to Brennan Forum
We have a Brennan B2.

I have looked at the conversations about Power, prior to posting this question, but I haven't found the exact same problem.

In the last week or two, the system has stopped working altogether on three separate occasions.  All lights went out.  We have disconnected the power lead and tried again on several occasions.

When replacing the unit on the shelf it started to work again.  It seems there may be an internal fault.

Daniel Taylor

Nov 29, 2021, 12:55:05 PM11/29/21
to Brennan Forum
The most likely things that occur to me are these:
Does the connector from the power supply fit snugly in the plug on the back of the B2:
If you flex the lead from the power brick to the B2, can you make the power come and go?
If either of those were to be true, it would point to the power supply assembly.  However, if neither were true it does not rule out the PS.
But that's where I'd start.

I'm sure thoughts from others will be coming soon. :o)

Wendy Berry

Nov 29, 2021, 1:12:30 PM11/29/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Daniel.

The power supply does fit snugly.  Have tried flexing the lead and the power does not come on and off.

Wendy

Peter Lowham

Nov 29, 2021, 8:32:39 PM11/29/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Wendy,

It does sound like the B2 power block unit might have an intermittent fault, given that you have checked the physical power connections.  Is your B2 still under warranty?

Regards,
Peter.

PMB

Nov 30, 2021, 9:06:20 AM11/30/21