B2 not showing on network theref,ore cant connect Sonos

Les Munro

Feb 18, 2019, 8:14:11 AM2/18/19
to Brennan Forum
Been stuggling with this all last week! I had a working B2 And Sonos setup but after a win10 update all my devices are showing in my network except the B2.
I dont know how to add the B2 music library if I cant see it?
The B2 IS connected to wifi as I can update artwork AND I can see it on the Virgin superhub 3.
Any advice? I suspect its a win 10 not Brennan issue.
Ps I have tried many win10 network workarounds so now trying you guys for advice can I be the only one with this issue?

lesliebr...@gmail.com

Feb 18, 2019, 8:25:34 AM2/18/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi Les, with your original setup, did you use NAS and follow the B2 site instructions with the B2  showing upon your network, or did you have to map the B2 drive to get it to show up?

Les Munro

Feb 18, 2019, 8:32:38 AM2/18/19
to Brennan Forum
I cant really remember but I think I used the Brennan default instructions as my network included the B2. Nothing works now as its not showing on netwrk so if there is another rout can you point me in that direction?
Thanks

lesliebr...@gmail.com

Feb 18, 2019, 9:00:01 AM2/18/19
to Brennan Forum
Les, here's info from a reply by Spike Haward to post about the B2 not showing after enabling NAS.

"Hi
If you search NAS you will see some earlier posts from me which seems to work.

All I did was go to file explorer; map network drive; choose the drive letter you want; select reconnect at logon; drive path would be \\youripaddress\music; enter the username and password when prompted and select save credentials - you then have a permanent connection.
I used the IP address as sometimes the PC does not resolve the device name.
Hope that helps"

I don't have Sonos, but use NAS and Spike's method sorted it for me.

Screenshot (74)_LI.jpg