How to add MP3 files?

Everett Rantanen

Dec 28, 2021, 7:53:00 PM12/28/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi, I have ripped 1000's of CD's to my B2 but now i have some MP3 files i would like to add to the B2's hard drive. But iI don' have a clue how to do it?

Can i rename them once added or should i rename them first?

Any help is appreciated.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2021, 8:07:18 PM12/28/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi

Yes you can load them.
The name the B2 applies to the music is obtained from the names of the folders in which it is stored.
Artist / Album / music files belonging to that album
Arrange your mp3 music like this and you can  upload it using the web interface (from a directory on your PC), or you can put it on a USB drive (that has been FAT32 formatted), plug this into the B2 and load it from that using functions available from the front pannel.
Finally you could turn on the B2's NAS and use that to copy the music onto the B2.

Fred

Everett Rantanen

Dec 29, 2021, 12:41:18 AM12/29/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Fred will give it a try. Why do i have to have NAS turned on to copy the folder/files to the B2 hard drive?

PMB

Dec 29, 2021, 5:28:11 AM12/29/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi epran...,

Have a look at our Organising your music page - link - on the website for more info.

With NAS on you can view and edit the contents of the B2s hard drive on your computer. From there you can copy and paste tracks directly to the B2 - this is done over your WiFi network so may be a little slow. Please note any changes are local to the computer and you must run Scan Disk on the B2 to update the B2.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Daniel Taylor

Dec 29, 2021, 5:50:16 AM12/29/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi epran...
Of the three methods of transferring files that Fred mentioned, you only need to have NAS on for the last one.  Loading from USB disk and uploading via WebUI do not require NAS.