Dear All, I've been ripping CDs to my Mac, uploading them to the B2 and backing them up to an SSD in USB-C using EXPORT. But the HD listing and the USB listing do not match (see attached screen shot). Any advice? Thanks kindly - Dirk

Dirk Sostman

Jan 16, 2022, 9:59:20 PM1/16/22
to Brennan Forum
Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 8.54.12 PM.png

JFBUK

Jan 17, 2022, 4:33:57 AM1/17/22
to Brennan Forum

Hi Dirk,
As you ripped on your Mac did you keep a copy of all the ripped files on the Mac ?
If you did how do these numbers compare with those on your B2 HDD ?
What is the make and capacity of your USB drive ?
Can you connect the USB drive to your Mac and what do the contents look like ?
It does look like your ‘backup’ is incomplete for some reason.
John

fred.w....@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2022, 4:36:14 AM1/17/22
to Brennan Forum
Strange,

Please power off the B2 using the Press and hold in the Play/Stop button until "saving" appears on the display - method.
Then reboot it - this should cause the USB to be re- read.
Does the mismatch still happen?
If so plug the USB SSD into your Mac and see what it thinks is on there.

Fred

Dirk Sostman

Jan 17, 2022, 7:58:34 AM1/17/22
to Brennan Forum
Thanks, folks.  I did the power down and reboot, and now the USB shows more tracks than the HDD!  See attached screenshot.  When I have time I will try to find a way to compare with the Mac library, which is organized in a more "helpful" way than the easy to understand logic used by the B2.   I will report back.

Ps- it's a Transcend 1TB SSD that has never given me any problems.
On Sunday, January 16, 2022 at 8:59:20 PM UTC-6 Dirk Sostman wrote:
Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 6.52.14 AM.png

fred.w....@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2022, 8:06:34 AM1/17/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Dirk,

That the USB now shows more than the B2 is normal/ok.

Fred.

Peter Lowham

Jan 17, 2022, 9:20:36 AM1/17/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Dirk,

Have you done any renaming of artists, albums or tracks?  The differences here are 2 artists, 4 albums and 37 tracks so that might be the cause of the differences.  If you do any renaming, you will end up with duplicates on the Export; that is the original item and the renamed one.

Regards,
Peter.

Dirk Sostman

Jan 17, 2022, 9:42:50 AM1/17/22
to Brennan Forum
Oh yes.  The upload from Mac using Chrome often results in an "unknown" for the artist on the B2 database.  On the web UI listing, the renaming process is very well behaved - works like a dream in fact.  I've actually renamed maybe a dozen artists.  As long as I have a backup I'm not fussed.  But I'll look and see what the Mac says is on the SSD and report back.  Thanks to all for the helpful comments!

Dirk Sostman

Jan 17, 2022, 8:29:04 PM1/17/22
to Brennan Forum
The answer is in!  Bitches Brew and Boccherini Guitar Quintets are listed ax themselves and also as Unknown.  Thank you all for walking me through this.