iPhone app

martinc...@gmail.com

May 2, 2021, 4:18:50 AM5/2/21
to Brennan Forum
Hello all

I’ve had my B2 for 4 or so years - it’s the older model with no off switch and sd card on the side.

After getting a DAC last year, the sound improvement massively enhanced my listening experience, especially once the iPhone app came along.

I’ve not had a problem with the iPhone address changing.

However I’ve suddenly got a problem where the iPhone app is not able to find the b2. I’ve checked the WiFi strength and with the Brennan dongle it’s between -39 to -45 (and has been up to - 55).  I’ve since got a dongle with antenna which gives me -29. But even having done this, I still can’t get the app to work.

I can find the Brennan on an iPad and run a smart TV and many other devices without a problem. WiFi router is BT smart hub 2.

Best wishes

Martin Cowan

Peter Lowham

May 2, 2021, 6:36:19 AM5/2/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Martin,

Have you rebooted the BT Smart Hub?  If not, it would be worthwhile to power the router off, then leave it for a couple of minutes, then power it up again.  If you can access the B2 from your iPad then the B2 is running OK.  Your wireless signal strength at -29dBm is excellent, so that isn't the problem.

The other aspect to watch out for with iPhones is the upgrades.  I've had a few problems (on my wife's iPhone) where Apple seem to 'improve' the security setup and this has caused connection problems.

Regards,
Peter.

fred.w....@gmail.com

May 2, 2021, 6:52:17 AM5/2/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Martin,

While not an iPhone user myself, my "impression" (for what its worth), reading this Forum is that iPhones utilities sometimes need their "Caches" cleared. I think that the explanation revolved round the iPhone OS trying to minimise data traffic and therefore looking internally for stuff first before looking outside (and therefore using bandwidth). Don't know how to do it but if anything has a cache then clear it and see if things improve.

Fred

martinc...@gmail.com

May 3, 2021, 2:38:41 PM5/3/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Peter/Fred

Cleared the cached but this didn’t help.

Rebooted the router this morning, and immediately the app was able to find the Brennan and we were back in business. However not long after that, the app was saying it was reconnecting to the Brennan and just wasn’t able to find it.

Just trying again now and the WiFi strength looks all over the shop fluctuating between -29 and -47. Could this be contributing to the problem?

It’s frustrating because up until recently the app was working fine but now I can’t get it to work at all.

Best wishes

Martin

Message has been deleted

fred.w....@gmail.com

May 3, 2021, 10:03:10 PM5/3/21
to Brennan Forum

Read the recent Thread from Jamie regarding BT Router issues here

Fred

PMB

May 4, 2021, 7:52:21 AM5/4/21
to Brennan Forum