Feature Request

James O

Dec 16, 2021, 7:00:01 PM12/16/21
to Brennan Forum
A few feature requests for the B2.

1. I realize you can make Playlists, but it would also be nice to have a "Do Not Play" Playlist. I want to load a bunch of different Genre music and it would be very nice to be able to select Artists/Albums/Songs not to play in the case where you are not working off of a Playlist. Things like kids music or other thing like audio interviews that I have imported that I would like in a central location, but not want to play if I choose to allow Random Play of my entire library.

2. Add Genre and/or Year of the music to allow the ability to play based on Genre or Year or Year window/range from the entire library so you would not need to create a large and labor intensive Playlist.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Dec 16, 2021, 7:50:17 PM12/16/21
to Brennan Forum
There is such a feature!
Create a playlist called "blacklist" and what you populate it with will not be played when playing random over the entire music collection.

Fred

fred.w....@gmail.com

Dec 16, 2021, 7:57:04 PM12/16/21
to Brennan Forum
Your second wish is more difficult. It can be done with playlists but would be better addressed with "tags" (which already are available within the music). At the moment the B2 system does not use these tags but if what you want is to be provided, I would not think that a solution not using what is already there would be sensible. Also I have no real idea how difficult or indeed possible this would be for Martin Brennan to implement.
Just my thaughts
Fred

Daniel Taylor

Dec 16, 2021, 8:08:39 PM12/16/21
to Brennan Forum
The way I handle genres with my B2 is with Playlists.  As I load new music onto the unit, I add each artist to the genre specific playlist.

I have renamed the Red playlist to Rock, Blue to Blues, Yellow to Mellow, etc.  And beyond the colors, I've added other genres of my own description.

Les Stanley

Dec 18, 2021, 2:01:20 AM12/18/21
to Brennan Forum
Genre/Date etc. Good suggestion. In fact, I suggested it, or something similar a while ago.
I've often wondered why Mr B decided not to take advantage of tags when he developed the B2. Pretty much every other music player I have ever owned does and it makes random playback much more flexible. Of course, we don't even have random by artist. But I still love my B2

@Daniel, your tenacity with workarounds and playlists is admirable.

John Alexander

Dec 19, 2021, 3:57:10 AM12/19/21
to Brennan Forum
There has been a request in for some time time to get the B2 to handle MP3 Tags like most other players. Has there been on progress on it?

John