Artwork

Alan Derbie

Dec 6, 2021, 11:21:52 AM12/6/21
to Brennan Forum
How can I copy 1000cds including Artwork from itunes to brennan B2

JFBUK

Dec 6, 2021, 12:08:01 PM12/6/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Alan

There are three ways that I know of to transfer files to a B2 from a computer

1. Via a USB drive , the music files and the artwork files need to be in folders with the hierarchy  Artist\Album\Tracks on the USB drive
2. Use the Web UI file upload functionality
3. Connect your computer to the B2 HDD as network attached storage (NAS) and just copy the files using your computer's file manager application. It very important to run a 'Scan Disk' after copying with this method because you are circumventing the B2 software and the B2 needs to rebuild its index of your music files.

Options 2 & 3 assume your B2 and computer are on the same home network

Its recommended you do the transfer in batches and whichever way you do it its going to take a fair amount of time

There is a lot of information on the Brennan website about loading  files to the B2

John

Daniel Taylor

Dec 6, 2021, 1:49:42 PM12/6/21
to Brennan Forum
Artwork:  Each album folder should contain a picture file, with suggested name coverart.jpg.

PMB

Dec 7, 2021, 3:47:44 AM12/7/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Alan,

You can also make a copy of the iTunes library to an external USB storage device (HDD or SSD) - there's plenty of info online on how to do this. The USB device can then be plugged into the B2 and the music 'imported'.

The USB device can then be used to backup the B2, something we do recommend.

The USB HDD/SSD will need to be FAT32 formatted, before copying the iTunes library, otherwise the B2 will not recognise it. The B2 has a function for doing the formatting and supports up to 2TB devices.

Paul
Brennan Support.