BB1 Menu

Brian Nichols

Jul 12, 2021, 6:15:10 AM7/12/21
to Brennan Forum
Under Maintenance there is functionality called Hidden SSID , The user guide describes this as "find hidden networks"
Can somebody explain this further or what i can expect it to do ?

Thanks in advance

Chris Buckle

Jul 12, 2021, 6:27:35 AM7/12/21
to Brennan Forum
I don’t have a BB1, but I can say that SSID refers to the WiFi network name. Some choose to hide the name of their network (for very dubious security reasons). I f this is the case, then to connect to a network hidden in this way, you first need to know the name of the network and then enter it manually. I assume that the menu item you mention allows you to do this.

Peter Lowham

Jul 12, 2021, 7:15:30 AM7/12/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Brian,

When you open up 'Hidden SSID' a window opens up which asks for:

'Enter SSID, press Next when done'

then

'Enter Password, press Next when done'

Then the BB1 attempts to connect to that SSID.

So it is just provides a way of manually connecting to a network when you know the SSID and the password.  The B2 has an identical function, but it is called 'Hidden WiFi'.

Regards,
Peter.

Brian Nichols

Jul 12, 2021, 7:35:28 AM7/12/21