Copying vinyl to the B2

leland landesberg

Apr 3, 2021, 4:22:32 PM4/3/21
to Brennan Forum
What procedure, if any, will allow me to download my record collection to the B2?

Daniel Taylor

Apr 3, 2021, 4:34:37 PM4/3/21
to Brennan Forum
You can do it on the B2 directly, but it is sort of, well, not elegant.  You can also do it on your computer, using freeware such as Audacity, and then Import the albums onto the B2 via USB, or upload them via the WebUI, copy them over directly to the B2's HDD via NAS.

Either way, you'll need a phono-preamp if your turntable doesn't already have one built in.  There are many new ones that have a built-in preamp, and some even have a USB connection to be used on your computer.  (But that USB connection won't work on the B2.  There you have to use the Aux input.)

Probably the number one reason not to do it on the B2 is that you cannot break the files into separate tracks.  You can do that on your computer with Audacity (or such).

If you really want to do it on the B2, instructions are on the Brennan website, here:  Aux In and Recording

Russell...@hotmail.com

Apr 4, 2021, 6:54:07 AM4/4/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi - I have done this with very good results using an Audio-Technica USB turntable and Audacity on my laptop. As my B2 is NAS enabled I can move the recorded albums into the relevant B2 folders on my laptop and download that way.
It took me 2 or 3 days of playing around with the levels on Audacity to get things right for me and the overall quality has been very high - obviously if you have a large vinyl collection it is Time that you need - Good luck - Cheers Russ

Mike W

Apr 4, 2021, 4:57:37 PM4/4/21
to Brennan Forum
Like Russell I can recommend the Audacity route to getting vinyl onto the B2. It's possible to break into the individual tracks and also remove some of those "party" scratches that most of my lp's had!
You will need to experiment a bit with the levels, do a couple of tracks, upload to the B2 and see how they compare with your other recordings, then go back to Audacity and adjust until you reach optimum levels.

The best bit is you can listen to each lp as you record it and learn to love them all again.

Mike

jeff...@googlemail.com

Apr 5, 2021, 11:49:14 AM4/5/21
to Brennan Forum
ION PROFILE PRO | USB Turntable | Richer Sounds    Just bought one of these off Ebay, will see how it goes!

charliew

Apr 6, 2021, 3:54:36 AM4/6/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi all - I have used the Ion Profile USB deck with the Audacity software and can confirm it works well. I have digitised over 800 LP's (mind you it has taken over 18 months on and off!). The Brennan B2 copes well and I find it miles more user-friendly and adaptable than i-Tunes etc

jeff...@googlemail.com

Apr 6, 2021, 4:56:21 AM4/6/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Charlie, did you record direct to audacity, or did you use ez converter? If direct to audacity, please feel free to screenshot your input settings, so I have a ball park!😉 Thanks
Jeff.