Excessive Tagging Information?

Daniel Taylor

Apr 16, 2021, 4:59:33 PM4/16/21
to Brennan Forum
I just discovered a music file that contains the lyrics as one of the metadata tags.  In this case, that is well in excess of 1000 text characters (closer to 1500 but I didn't count that closely).  My first thought was whether that would cause the B2 any problem with files like this.  But I'm hoping that the information just sits there and the B2 ignores it.

Mark Fishman

Apr 17, 2021, 6:45:19 PM4/17/21
to Brennan Forum
Let's see, 1000 text characters -- that's 1KB, or (if 16-bit Unicode) 2KB.
A smallish image embedded as cover art would be between 20KB and 50KB -- a medium largeish one (say, 500x500 pixels?) could easily be closer to 100KB.

If 20KB embedded art doesn't cause a problem, I'd be very surprised if the 2KB text tag caused one.

Daniel Taylor

Apr 17, 2021, 8:44:37 PM4/17/21
to Brennan Forum
Makes sense.  Thanks.

And then there are those >175 character filenames. ;o)