Issue with Youtube searches on WEB UI for my custom BB1

Neil Groat

Oct 14, 2020, 12:45:55 PM10/14/20
to Brennan Forum
I've just received a custom BB1 and everything is fine, except the Youtube search part on the WEB UI isn't working. I've tried it on both a Samsung laptop and an IPhone but neither
is responding. The preloaded Brennan Youtube advert video works fine on the BB1. Has anyone experienced a similar issue or have any ideas? Thanks.

bennyb

Oct 14, 2020, 1:36:17 PM10/14/20
to Brennan Forum
I had this for a while and it came down to clearing a buffer somewhere - maybe clear history in your search engine?

Peter Lowham

Oct 14, 2020, 4:01:14 PM10/14/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Neil,

Have you checked the version of BB1 software:  'Main Menu' --> 'Settings & Tools' --> 'Stats'.  Look for 'Version BB1 xxxxxxxxx'?

If the 'xxxxxxxxx' is not 'Jul 21 2020' then run 'Web Upgrade' function which is found at:

'Main Menu' --> 'Settings & Tools' --> 'Maintenance' --> 'Web Upgrade'

Then let us know how you have fared.

Regards,
Peter.

PMB

Oct 15, 2020, 4:35:48 AM10/15/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Neil,

As well as doing the Web Upgrade, try 'clearing browser data' and/or 'history' for the browser, open a new browser page and enter the IP Address from the B2 in manually - rather than using a bookmark or shortcut.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Neil Groat

Oct 15, 2020, 11:36:53 AM10/15/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Benny, Peter and Paul,

Thanks for your responses. Peter, I did as you suggested and was very surprised to find that BB1 was software version Oct 14 2019 (see screenshot attached) however the 'settings & status' tab doesn't have 'maintenance'  and 'web upgrade' options.
My apologies if I'm being stupid, as I'm not particular a techy person, however I can't see these options that your suggesting to fix the issue. Kind regards Neil
Settings_screenshot.png

Peter Lowham

Oct 15, 2020, 11:50:43 AM10/15/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Neil,

The 'Web Upgrade' option is not in the WebUI, rather this is accessed from the menu set on the BB1 itself.

So, power up your BB1. When you see the 'Brennan' message and then the time displayed, press the large knob down once and you should see 'Main Menu'.

Then rotate the knob until 'Settings & Tools' is highlighted and click the knob on that option.  In 'Settings & Tools' window, highlight and click on 'Maintenance'.

Then rotate the knob until you find 'Web Upgrade' (it has to be scrolled down to as it is off screen initially)

That's it, and you should be fully upgraded to 'Version BB1 Jul 21 2020'.

You BB1 software is very out of date, and many updates have been made to YouTube since then, so the new version should fix your problems.

Regards,
Peter.

Neil Groat

Oct 15, 2020, 12:25:51 PM10/15/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Peter,
Many thanks for that. The software in the BB1 is now upgraded. I still had issues with the Youtube search on the Web UI after the upgrade, however having followed the suggestion in Paul's message, it's finally sorted. Thanks to all again Neil

Peter Lowham

Oct 15, 2020, 12:33:42 PM10/15/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Neil,

Thanks for the feedback, that's very useful.  It's a good idea to check for software updates every 2 or 3 months so that your BB1 is kept reasonably up to date.  Google has a bad habit of messing around with the YouTube interface and this is reflected in some of these updates.

The latest software is shown on the link below.

Regards,
Peter.

bennyb

Oct 31, 2020, 8:25:44 AM10/31/20
to Brennan Forum
I've just rediscovered this problem. Searches spin away endlessly without finding anything. Cleared buffers, updated software, scanned disk. What have I forgotten, someone remind me?

Peter Lowham

Oct 31, 2020, 10:18:58 AM10/31/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Bennyb,

Is your software version 'BB1 Oct 29 2020'?  This was released a couple of days ago to fix YouTube issues.

Regards,
Peter.

bennyb

Oct 31, 2020, 10:47:54 AM10/31/20
to Brennan Forum
Yes it is

bennyb

Nov 2, 2020, 4:27:10 AM11/2/20
to Brennan Forum
PS to this: Problem still persisting and with the B2 as well. Nobody else?

PMB

Nov 2, 2020, 6:09:47 AM11/2/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi bennyB,

Working OK on my B2 and BB1 this morning after the 29th Oct update. I had to reboot the BB1 (press and hold the POWER button until 'brennan' is shown) and clear browser data to make it work on BB1 the first time after updating the software.

Could be a WiFi signal strength issue - have you checked the signal on the B2 - Maintenance menu > WiFI Strength?

If you have cleared 'Browser Data' try a new search rather than using one from the History list.

Paul
Brennan Support.

bennyb

Nov 2, 2020, 7:24:40 AM11/2/20
to Brennan Forum
Now then, just tried logging into BB1 using Edge rather than Chrome and it works ok, so it's a Chrome problem possibly? Already cleared all browsing data far as I can see though.

bennyb

Nov 2, 2020, 9:08:38 AM11/2/20
to Brennan Forum
Works for the B2 as well.

PMB

Nov 3, 2020, 3:27:29 AM11/3/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi bennyB,

That's great, thanks for letting us know.

I used Chrome for my tests.

As I mentioned before, it looks like Google are planning to make YouTube a subscription service and are making changes to their software towards this.

Paul
Brennan Support.