Incomplete rip

Roy S

Jan 2, 2022, 9:31:15 AM1/2/22
to Brennan Forum
I’ve tried to rip a ce but it will only load 12 of 13 tracks. I’ve tried a couple of times. Any ideas?
Thanks

fred.w....@gmail.com

Jan 2, 2022, 9:42:42 AM1/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Is one of the tracks a video?
Fred

Roy S

Jan 3, 2022, 7:49:49 AM1/3/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Fred
No, I checked that as I’d seen it in another post.
The track plays on my CD player.
There is a small scratch on the surface near the outside which I think is where the final track is located. Could that be it?

JFBUK

Jan 3, 2022, 9:00:35 AM1/3/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi,

it is possible the scratch may be the cause.

Straightforward CD playback will sometimes compensate for an error with no noticeable audible problem whereas a rip may falter.

Do you have a computer with CD drive that you could use to try to rip the recalcitrant track ?

You may have more luck, as different ripping software may be more tolerant of any errors it finds.

John