Librespot - again

Bob Fishleigh

Jan 19, 2022, 1:02:39 PM1/19/22
to Brennan Forum
OK. I give in. I’ve searched the forum on this one but I can’t find a solution exactly. I would really like some OAFA resolution to this annoying problem if anybody has one. (Fairy Godmother? Paul?).
This is the problem. When I go to my PC and fire up Spotify and my B2B I can’t get Spotify to connect to the Brennan (I.e. punch through using Librespot). This is very odd because if I then fire up Spotify on my iPad, the iPad version of Spotify has no problem at all in finding the Brennan. This is when the weird bit comes in. If I then select the Brennan as a connectable device on my iPad version of Spotify, Brennan then becomes a selectable device on my PC version of Spotify!
It stays that way whilst the PC is logged in, but the next time I log in, say the following day, we are back to square one. I’ve done all the advice, hints etc about latest versions and all that. To no avail.
I think my main question is - why do I have to have an iPad (or phone for that matter) in order to get Spotify on my PC to see the Brennan on my PC?
Any ideas? Seems weird to me.

JFBUK

Jan 19, 2022, 1:58:19 PM1/19/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi,

Are you connecting to Spotify using the app on both the iPad and PC or are you connecting to Spotify using a browser ?

John

PMB

Jan 20, 2022, 4:00:28 AM1/20/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Bob,

Did you originally sign up to Spotify using the iPad + app?

Paul
Brennan Support.

Bob Fishleigh

Jan 20, 2022, 4:38:50 AM1/20/22
to Brennan Forum
 Not sure about the original sign up, Paul. To answer Johns query, both Spotify’s are downloaded apps. An interesting point which may give us a clue is that on the PC version of Spotify the Devices it looks for and finds are “This Computer” and 4 Echo Dots.
On my iPad Spotify it looks for and finds “This IPad”, the 4 Echo Dots, Sonos speakers in the Family room, Lounge and Kitchen, “Brennan” and “Air play or Bluetooth”.
The iPad device option appears on the PC when Spotify is opened up on the iPad.
Brennan device option only appears on the PC version of Spotify once it is “connected” to the iPad.
Are we getting any closer to a solution here?
What would happen if I didn’t have an iPad at all? Presumably I wouldn’t be able to use the Librespot facility at all.

Mike W

Jan 20, 2022, 5:59:04 AM1/20/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Bob, I just tried the same as yourself, Ipad found and connected to brennan, windows pc browser, no option to connect, windows spotify app option to connect and connection works fine.

Not sure how this helps if at all other than all of it works fine with me using the same items

Mike

JFBUK

Jan 21, 2022, 9:49:42 AM1/21/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Bob,

I found this regarding not seeing Sonos Speakers in Spotify clients

There does not appear to be a definitive solution but the finger is pointed at the Windows Spotify app.

From what I have read:

Librespot advertises the device on which is installed to Spotify clients in the local network.
To do this it sets up an HTTP server which responds to any information requests from Spotify clients, basically saying "I am here"

Out of interest, is your B2 in standby mode when you try and use Spotify from your PC ?

John