Best Bluetooth Speakers to use with B2?

Randakk

May 5, 2020, 4:30:08 PM5/5/20
to Brennan Forum
I've searched the Forum and can't find a current answer to my current Bluetooth question.

I understand that Bluetooth "out" to remote speakers may not be persistently supported for Brennan?

In any case, who can recommend a reasonable Bluetooth speaker setup that works today with the current B2 operating system version?

The goal is to be able to use the B2 in the garage ....which is adjacent to the room where the B2 lives, so distance should not be an issue.

BTW, I've been using my B2 for about 2 years. Terrific product!

Thanks in advance.

Chris Downs

May 5, 2020, 5:38:09 PM5/5/20
to Brennan Forum
I’ve only ever used the Bluetooth out mode. I have a Bose sound link, Bose sound link mini and Bose sound touch 10 + Bose headphones all work with no issue but I do recommend you only connect to one device at a time and unpair the last device before pairing another.

Regards
Chris

Jasper Warwick

May 6, 2020, 6:37:20 AM5/6/20
to Brennan Forum
The quality of the Bluetooth signal does make a huge difference in terms of getting stable playback. I found that I was having a lot of dropouts using the adaptor plugged directly into the back of the machine when listening on my headphones. I then started using a USB extension cable and suddenly I had completely stable playback. It is worthwhile , in my view, to experiment  in getting the transmitter as close to the receiver as possible and away from any interference..

Randakk

May 7, 2020, 4:17:39 PM5/7/20
to Brennan Forum
Thanks for the replies. I've decided to go another route.

I've bought a long-range Bluetooth transmitter which I will connect to the "Line Out / + SPDIF" port on the back of the B2 using a Mini TOSLINK Optical Digital Audio Cable.  Then, my Bluetooth speakers will not be hobbled by the B2's limited Bluetooth "Out" support.

In this scenario, the B2 doesn't need to supply any Bluetooth "smarts" - plus my range should be significantly greater.

I'll report back on how it all works when the gear arrives and I get it setup.

Thanks to all.

PMB

May 8, 2020, 4:35:49 AM5/8/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Randakk,

Let us know how it goes and what Bluetooth device you bought.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Randakk

May 8, 2020, 8:14:29 AM5/8/20
to Brennan Forum
Paul:

Will do. The boxes should be here in about a week.

Stay safe!