Remote not working

ian jones

Mar 2, 2020, 11:50:22 PM3/2/20
to Brennan Forum
My remote control stopped working. I have checked the battery, used another remote but no luck. Also rebooted the B2. Any ideas?

PMB

Mar 3, 2020, 3:51:43 AM3/3/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Ian,

Have you checked that you have inserted the battery the correct way round?

Does the green LED on the front of the B2 flash when you operate the remote? Does it flash if you try a remote from another piece of equipment?

We do sell replacements from our online shop - link - or will replace it if your unit is a year old or less.

Paul
Brennan Support..

Chris A

Mar 3, 2020, 4:11:17 AM3/3/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Ian

While the infrared light from remote controls cannot be seen by the human eye, it can be detected by digital cameras etc.

Try using the camera on your phone, hold the remote close and pointing straight at the lens. When you press a button on the remote you'll see a flashing light. If you see nothing, then your remote is dead. (If you're not convinced your phone is capable of detecting IR remotes, try some others).