Mass music upload

Keith Knapton

Nov 29, 2020, 9:25:59 AM11/29/20
to Brennan Forum
Apologies chaps - new purchaser here. I have 100s of MP3 albums to upload to my new B2. Do you have any tips? e.g. naming formats. One thing that looks like a problem is that most of my albums do not have the track number as part of the track title. Brennan looks like it needs this otherwise tracks within albums are showing alphabetically. Is this true and is there an easy way around my problem? Obviously I want to avoid a massive re-naming exercise. Any tips / advice welcome. Keith K.

Daniel Taylor

Nov 29, 2020, 9:50:28 AM11/29/20
to Brennan Forum
You're right about the track numbers.  I don't know a fast way to add the numbers, but maybe the program mp3tag can help.

To prepare your files for upload or Import onto the B2, they should have the folder structure where the top level is the Artist's name, within which are the folder(s) with the Album name, which in turn contains the files named for the songs.  If you're doing an Import from the USB port, have all the artist folders within a folder called music.

Keith Knapton

Nov 29, 2020, 10:05:02 AM11/29/20
to Brennan Forum
Cheers Daniel.

Philip Waters

Dec 17, 2020, 3:25:28 AM12/17/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Keith,

I've only just joined, so I'm sorry if this is too late for you, but I'm thinking of buying and wanted to understand the upload as all my music is pretty much ripped and sorted already and saw this post.

If you have access to a PC, then mp3Tag (https://www.mp3tag.de/en/) is a useful free tool. For your issue, as long as the track number tags are complete, then you can use the program to bulk rename the files on the basis of the tag -
use Tag to Filename with the option of %track% - %title%  in the options - it will preview the end result beforehand.

You don't have to do each album at a time either, you can use the 'up folder' (folder with blue arrow) to go to the root of your music collection and it will show all the tracks it finds in the subfolders.

Mp3Tag.jpg

Hope this is of some help.

Phil