Posting to the Forum

John Cockaday

Feb 21, 2022, 5:57:04 AM2/21/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi.  Sometimes I get posts bounced with the message:

Message blocked
Your message to bren...@googlegroups.com has been blocked. See technical details below for more information.
The response was:

The group bren...@googlegroups.com does not allow posting through email.

What is the approved way of posting to the Forum?  I think on the last occasion I used 'reply to all' on an existing conversation, but my message has not appeared.  Posting this on my laptop.  When I open the Forum web page on my mobile there doesn't appear to be any way to post a message (!?)

Thanks.

john.h...@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2022, 6:02:45 AM2/21/22
to Brennan Forum

On mobile settings show desktop site shows reply all options

John

PMB

Feb 22, 2022, 6:07:27 AM2/22/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Johnsc10,

Click the 'Reply to All' tab to add your reply to the current thread.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Mark Fishman

Feb 22, 2022, 1:46:39 PM2/22/22
to Brennan Forum
If you are replying to an existing message, go to that message IN the forum, and either click on the "reply all" button at the bottom of the thread:
forum reply.png
or click on the reply-arrows at the top right of the message to which you are posting a reply:
reply-arrows.png

Posting via email (i.e., from your email client or app) DOES NOT WORK. You usually end up sending a reply to one person, or no one, and either way your reply doesn't show up for everyone reading and trying to help.

If you are trying to start a brand new thread because you are asking a new question that hasn't been under recent discussion, go to the forum and click on the "New conversation" button on the left:
newthread.png