BB1 radio station doesn't work

Andras N

Dec 6, 2021, 3:15:06 AM12/6/21
to Brennan Forum
Hey everybody,

I have manually added a new station but for some reason it doesn't work even though in a browser this is working just fine. The station is available both in .pls and .m3u format. I have tried both but no luck:

I tried to find some log files to see what the error is or why not connecting but couldn't find any. Could somebody led some light on this?

Thank you

Jeff. M.

Dec 6, 2021, 3:25:47 AM12/6/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Andre, this method works on my B2, have some fantastic music on there. Give it a go! Screenshot_20211206_082320_com.android.chrome.jpg

Andras N

Dec 6, 2021, 4:28:44 AM12/6/21
to Brennan Forum
I have tried this but the preloaded Music starts playing. Does it work for you with this URL? I have no issue creating the station with this specific URL but the radio stuck on waiting for data.

Jeff. M.

Dec 6, 2021, 4:59:34 AM12/6/21
to Brennan Forum
http://stream.radioparadise.com/mp3-128
Andre, try this, it definitely works for me, I have to input the search twice, the first Tim I get one of my ripped songs playing, then if I I put the stream, and press play it works.
If it works for you, then look at your station, and look for a different link to play, no good me looking, my Hungarian is not so good!

Andras N

Dec 6, 2021, 5:06:39 AM12/6/21
to Brennan Forum
Well I want to figure out why my link doesn't work. It does work in browser so why it doesn't work under BB2? Where can we find logs about that? How can I track it down?

Thanks

Jeff. M.

Dec 6, 2021, 5:16:04 AM12/6/21
to Brennan Forum
I can't help you with that, just trying to help you make sure you can use this function on a bb1,

Andras N

Dec 6, 2021, 5:20:44 AM12/6/21
to Brennan Forum

Thanks Jeff, hopefully somebody can let me know as none of the format I tried (.pls or .m3u) works on my BB1 for this link.

Jeff. M.

Dec 6, 2021, 5:26:28 AM12/6/21
to Brennan Forum
OK, I have just tried the link from one of your stations, it works perfectly, like I said if it doesn't work 1st time, put it in search box again, after searching "podcast" try again and it works! Screenshot_20211206_101732_com.android.chrome.jpg

Jeff. M.

Dec 6, 2021, 5:30:31 AM12/6/21
to Brennan Forum
Try the mp3 streams, I think m3u is a play list. They definitely work on B2 very high quality too.

Andras N

Dec 6, 2021, 5:36:34 AM12/6/21
to Brennan Forum
erm so I tried it again and yes if I try 2 times the second time it shows that Podcast is playing however the radio is silent so there is no sound even though on the web UI it seems to be streaming. Do you hear the stream on your BB1 Jeff?

Andras N

Dec 6, 2021, 5:42:39 AM12/6/21
to Brennan Forum
There is also an MP3 link which works as podcast but doesn't work as radio station either:

How can we save podcast as radio station?

Btw I edit the station URLs by putting the SD card into a computer and under var/www/hdd1/ there is a file called b2settings where all the station URLs are.

Andras N

Dec 6, 2021, 5:44:28 AM12/6/21
to Brennan Forum

Jeff. M.

Dec 6, 2021, 6:01:46 AM12/6/21
to Brennan Forum
No, as I said at the beginning, I have a B2, so  maybe this function does not work on bb1, maybe try a different post, ask the bb1 owners, but is does work on B2.

JFBUK

Dec 6, 2021, 8:45:18 AM12/6/21
to Brennan Forum
Andre,

the Brennan software behind the Web UI uses an internet radio aggregator Vtuner to source its list of radio stations.
If the radio station is not on Vtuner it won't be in the Web UI list of radio stations.
Not sure why you are editing the b2bsettings file to store radio presets much better to use the Web UI functionality to do that.

John

Andras N

Dec 6, 2021, 8:59:30 AM12/6/21
to Brennan Forum
John, as the station is not under vTuner I can't listen to it. This way I can add any stations to BB1 which I would like to listen to. All other stations I added this way seems to work just fine.

Andras N

Dec 6, 2021, 9:00:32 AM12/6/21
to Brennan Forum
but regardless if I add this using the podcast method I was told earlier the podcast is streaming it seems but it doesn't work either.

JFBUK

Dec 6, 2021, 9:02:51 AM12/6/21
to Brennan Forum
You can ask Vtuner to add it to their list

Andras N

Dec 6, 2021, 9:21:19 AM12/6/21
to Brennan Forum
I really appreciate all the help here however this is not what I want to do. Could somebody from Brennan tell me where do I see the logs on BB1? In /var/log/messages there is no info.

Thank you