DLNA

Ted LeBlanc

Jul 14, 2020, 2:15:41 PM7/14/20
to Brennan Forum
I’m wondering if anybody else is experiencing the loss of DLNA since the last upgrade. I used the function to connect to my Yamaha hone theater and it worked very well until I upgraded to the new Web UI and now I’m unable to connect at all.

Daniel Taylor

Jul 14, 2020, 3:23:36 PM7/14/20
to Brennan Forum
I imagine that you've tried re-enabling DLNA after the update.  I don't think you should have to, but it's worth a try.

What happens when you revert back to the previous version you were running?  Does it work with the previous, but still not with the newer?

Ted LeBlanc

Jul 14, 2020, 5:14:12 PM7/14/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Daniel,

Yes I did restart and made sure to reset DLNA to on. How would I go about to revert to older software?

Thanks for your help.
Thanks
Ted

Daniel Taylor

Jul 14, 2020, 7:19:44 PM7/14/20
to Brennan Forum
One of the two ways to update software is to put the b2.tar.gz file in the root of a USB disk and run the SW Upgrade command (Maintenance menu).  My personal practice is to never update to newer software without saving a copy of what I was running, just in case the new software does not perform up to my expectations.  The problem with the Web Upgrade command is that it blows away your old software and doesn't give you a copy of the new software to save.

The Latest Software page on the Brennan website has links to some of the previous software versions.  If you know which version was working for you, you can download one that is the closest.  However, some of the past versions have problems that were fixed with subsequent releases.  By demonstrating that the DLNA feature worked on version X, but then did not work on version Y, it will help them to find and fix the bug in a new release that will hopefully have all the problems fixed.

Peter Lowham

Jul 14, 2020, 7:31:25 PM7/14/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Guys,

The first thing that needs to be known is what version of software the B2 was running on previously; and whether that software is 'B2 xxxxxx' or 'B2B xxxxxxx', as each of these versions uses a different 'xx.tar.gz' version for the upgrade.

Regards,
Peter.

PMB

Jul 15, 2020, 3:45:58 AM7/15/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Ted,

DLNA appears to be working OK on my system using B2B Jul 8 2020 software.

Please let us know which version your B2 is on.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Ted LeBlanc

Jul 15, 2020, 11:35:52 AM7/15/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Daniel et al,

I first apologize for the delay in responding but work got in the way of life. So I’m currently on the July 8 2020 version of the software. I went in this morning and rebooted and made sure the DLNA was switched on. Lo and behold today it’s working like a charm. I’m sure this was a user issue and regret having caused this response.

I will also in future make sure I save a version in use prior to upgrading. I keep on thinking of the Brennan as an electronic appliance rather than a server.

Again thank you for the assistance.

Ted

Peter Lowham

Jul 15, 2020, 12:03:22 PM7/15/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Ted,

It's good that you are up and running again.

If you are going to save the software versions, you will need to know whether the software is 'B2 xxxxxx' or 'B2B xxxxxxx', as there is a different update file for each of these. Otherwise you could be saving the wrong file version and not realise this until you want to do a rebuild.

Regards,
Peter.

Ted LeBlanc

Jul 15, 2020, 4:55:23 PM7/15/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Peter,

I didn’t realize there was a difference. Thanks for the heads up.

Ted