Numbering Anomaly in Playlist affecting random play inside Plylist

hbu...@gmail.com

Feb 20, 2021, 1:10:18 PM2/20/21
to Brennan Forum
B2  B2B Feb 14, 21
I combined two CDs today in NAS, and ran Scan afterwards.
I then put the combined album into a new playlist but when I tried to play the playlist in random, the next track was from somewhere outside the playlist.
Previously created playlists played randomly OK.
So I deduced the problem was in my new playlist.

I eventually discovered the problem was due to the numbering system I had adopted.
I had added "1."  to the track numbers in CD1 and "2." to the track numbers in  CD2, a bit lazy but it minimised keystrokes in the original UI. There were about 40 tracks in all.

The sequence then looked as follows.
1.01 track 1
1.02 track 2
2.01 track 20
2.02 track 21

After a lot of experimentation I changed the numbering to
101 track 1
102 track 2
201 track 20
202 track 21
Deleted the old playlist and created a new one which plays randomly as expected

Sorry for the long post, but this seems a strange bug which needs documenting.

Incidentally I couldn't find out how to add appropriate tags to this post. Google Groups is Pants.

PMB

Feb 22, 2021, 4:41:26 AM2/22/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi hbu...,

Thanks for highlighting this.

Concerning Google Groups (and we all agree with you re. the new layout).

Paul
Brennan Support.