Can the B2 Run Java.

MRB

Mar 1, 2018, 5:42:45 PM3/1/18
to Brennan Forum
Greetings,
Has anyone installed java on the B2?
Since it’s a 24x7 Linux server I thought I may try installing a java-based rdbms such as H2 on it and keep some data there since I’ve only used about 40% of the storage.
Thanks,
Mark

Tony

Mar 1, 2018, 7:18:04 PM3/1/18
to Brennan Forum
Linux on the b2 is created using the buildroot toolbox.  This results in a very stripped down Linux that boots quickly with a very slim memory profile.

Unfortunately that means no package management or built-in compiler type tools.

So adding functionality to the b2 is a bit of a challenge.  Several people have talked to Martin about opening this up a bit - we will have to see if he believes in the benefits of doing so.

mcg

Mar 1, 2018, 11:53:20 PM3/1/18
to Brennan Forum
It does have Python installed.