Sub?

cafla...@cox.net

Jun 5, 2021, 7:57:57 PM6/5/21
to Brennan Forum
Any way to output a signal to run a self powered sub

Daniel Taylor

Jun 5, 2021, 8:30:46 PM6/5/21
to Brennan Forum
I think there are subs that will take a full range signal and pass it along to the stereo speakers.  Sometimes they have a crossover frequency you can set.

Or you can send the signal to an external amp or receiver that has a sub output.

cafla...@cox.net

Jun 5, 2021, 9:08:19 PM6/5/21
to Brennan Forum
The sub i am thinking of using has an  adjustable crossover

Daniel Taylor

Jun 5, 2021, 9:26:59 PM6/5/21
to Brennan Forum
But will it pass along to the stereo pair the portion of the spectrum is doesn't use?  Or does it just act as an end point?  You have to have a way to pass the rest of the signal on to the other speakers, or all you'll get is bass.

Maybe somebody else can explain it better than I.

cafla...@cox.net

Jun 5, 2021, 9:39:02 PM6/5/21
to Brennan Forum
The Brennan has powered  output to a small set of speakers i am planning on using also.

Daniel Taylor

Jun 6, 2021, 7:14:28 AM6/6/21
to Brennan Forum
I think you can hook the speakers to the B2's speaker outputs and send the analog output to the subwoofer.  You have to change the Jack Sense (Settings menu) setting to allow both to work at the same time.  I've never done this, so I don't know how well it works.

cafla...@cox.net

Jun 6, 2021, 1:10:55 PM6/6/21
to Brennan Forum
The red outlined speaker out 4mm plug ins have two other outlets one next to each one? What do they output? Non amplified stereo outs?

Davywhizz

Jun 6, 2021, 2:05:04 PM6/6/21
to Brennan Forum
The B2 speaker connections are two pairs, left and right, each with one black and one red connector.  The only non-amplified stereo out is the combined SPDIF (optical)/3.5mm line out.

cafla...@cox.net

Jun 6, 2021, 3:29:09 PM6/6/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks.  The Brennan B2 info page mentions that the line out works with the volume control.  Sense off.  So i can use the outlets for wired non amplified internally speakers and the line out to run my overkill Boston acoustics pv800 sub woofer.  Inexpensive Klipsch small speakers.  Should work well in our motorhome.  Hopefully.  Martin really seems to have built a well optioned /thought out unit.

Trying to understand how to load an SD card from the Brennan B2

fred.w....@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2021, 8:36:26 PM6/6/21
to Brennan Forum
What do you mean by
" Trying to understand how to load an SD card from the Brennan B2 "?

All B2 except some very old models have TWO storage media in them, an HDD/SSD on which your music data is stored and an SD Card on which the Brennan Operating system software is stored and from which the B2 boots.
It is not a good idea to mess with the B2 SD Card (although if you know what you are doing it is OK to do this).

However if you mean you want to load an SD Card (that you have lying around) with music taken from the B2, this is OK.
To do this you will need a USB hub into which you can load said SD Card. Format the SD Card to FAT32 (using the B2 menu commands for doing this)
Make a playlist of all the music you want to put onto the SD Card.
Then use this menu command to write the SD Card
a.jpg
Once it has finished then press and hold in the Play/Stop button until "Saving" appears on the front display and wait until the clock reappears before removing the USB card / hub.

Fred