B2 display shows 'speakers wired' - why?

Ian Roberts

Apr 7, 2022, 1:50:07 PM4/7/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi - I am using an SPDIF cable to connect my B2 directly to a pair of powered bookshelf speakers. Why does the B2 display still show 'speakers wired' as it did when I had passive speakers connected? I also have a pair of wireless Sonos Speakers in another location and the same 'speakers wired' is indicated when these are playing.

Is this correct or is there a menu option to select an alternative speaker connection?

Regards Ian

Daniel Taylor

Apr 7, 2022, 2:21:05 PM4/7/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Ian,
I think that the "speakers wired" message is quite generic - rather than specific - meaning only that something that can play the music is directly connected to the B2.  I have my B2 connected to my AV receiver with an HDMI cable and I get that message too.  The fact that you are setup to play through Sonos, does not negate the fact that you have something else hooked up.

You will either see that message or not.  There is no other message that I know of.  If I'm wrong, I'm sure we'll be reading about it shortly. ;o)

JFBUK

Apr 7, 2022, 2:31:59 PM4/7/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Ian,

I think this display message is a bit anomalous but nothing to worry about.
It may be that the B2 displays this whenever there is an audio cabled connection, line out/spdif , hdmi or speaker cable.

John

Ian Roberts

Apr 7, 2022, 5:58:31 PM4/7/22
to Brennan Forum
Ok that makes sense - thanks

PMB

Apr 8, 2022, 4:07:07 AM4/8/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Ian,

If you select the 'Pick Zone' menu option you will see your Sonos speakers listed. If you select one, say 'Kitchen', the display on the B2 will show 'Speakers: Kitchen' and anything you select on the B2 will play to 'Kitchen' (until you change back to 'Wired').

If you are using the Sonos app to play music from the B2 to your Sonos's, then 'Speakers: Wired' will always be displayed.

Paul
Brennan Support.