bluetooth problems

Steve Poe

Feb 27, 2022, 9:12:20 PM2/27/22
to Brennan Forum
I tried asking a question a few days ago about pairing my Sennheiser headphones and got no response.  So, now I want to know if the Bluetooth Out can be toggled from "no" to YES?  I can't seem to figure it out.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Feb 28, 2022, 5:27:34 AM2/28/22
to Brennan Forum
I am sure Paul (PMB) from Brennan will give you a more definitive answer, but I think Brennan have stoped marketing Bluetooth output as a B2 feature. What is there may work but I think they found it impossible to keep up with newer Bluetooth versions.
I think that the advice of this forum would be, if you want Bluetooth, would be to use the B2's optical output to a DAC that supports/provides dedicated Bluetooth and connect your headphones to this

Fred

JFBUK

Feb 28, 2022, 6:12:24 AM2/28/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi,

I would add that if you go the external DAC with Bluetooth route you open up the opportunity to connect with your B2 using better audio quality Bluetooth Codecs like aptX and aptX HD
assuming your headphones have the capability to do so.

John

Jeff. M.

Feb 28, 2022, 6:15:26 AM2/28/22
to Brennan Forum
Have you tried searching for them in the Bluetooth options on the settings page? Is your dongle fitted in the B2?

PMB

Feb 28, 2022, 7:24:26 AM2/28/22
to Brennan Forum
HI ssher,

I replied to your other post about this issue.

Please add to the same thread rather than starting a new one for the same subject.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Davywhizz

Feb 28, 2022, 8:22:56 AM2/28/22
to Brennan Forum
This isn't my subject at all, though I've been impressed lately at the audio quality of the LDAC Bluetooth codec.

The point I want to make is that you need to be careful to get a DAC, if that's the intention, that transmits Bluetooth to headphones. Many will receive a Bluetooth signal, such as streamed music from a phone, but they convert it to analogue, because that's what a DAC does, so it can be played through a hifi system, powered speakers etc. If you think about it, it's slightly illogical for a DAC to retransmit a Bluetooth signal, which is digital. I have three stand-alone DACs; one has no Bluetooth at all and the other two are only receivers.

There is a FiiO BTA30 Bluetooth 5.0 Receiver/Transmitter/DAC which seems to do it all (DAC function plus BT receive and transmit) and there is an input which should take the B2's optical out. I believe my hifi amp does two-way BT, but I've never tried it. I guess more and more amps will be offering compatibility with wirleless headphones as the audio quality with BT improves.

JFBUK

Feb 28, 2022, 9:08:50 AM2/28/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Davy,

I have a  FiiO BTA30 Pro version and am generally very happy with it.
I have it connected to my B2 optically and then via RCA out to my amp.
I've used it to transmit and receive audio over Bluetooth using SBC, aptX,  & aptX HD with good results.
I don't have anything else that supports LDAC so can't speak for that.
I've tested it transmitting/receiving to/from my B2 just to see if it works and it works fine using SBC as a codec

John

Davywhizz

Mar 1, 2022, 4:12:27 AM3/1/22
to Brennan Forum
Thanks John, good to know.

I'm no techie, but I found that LDAC was a hidden function in my (three year old, not expensive) Samsung phone. To get it, I just needed to reveal the "developer options" menu (settings - about phone - software information - tap "build number" seven times). That  adds "developer options" to the settings menu list. There's a long list of "options", most of which I don't understand, but I was able to select LDAC as the preferred Bluetooth codec (from quite a long list) and set some parameters (bit depth etc). I paired the phone to my Bluetooth DAC using the stock Bluetooth options (settings - connections) and ticked a LDAC box which had popped up. I'm streaming Amazon Music HD to the DAC/headphone amp using LDAC when I can't access my main hifi. No speakers, just some nice Meze headphones. The next step will be adding a second B2, maybe some powered speakers.

Steve Poe

Mar 2, 2022, 4:37:29 PM3/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Bluetooth dongle, check.  Clear Bluetooth connections, check.  Retried connecting, check.  Nothing seems to do it.
I asked about the "Bluetooth out" message as toggled "off".  Does that need to be changed to "on" and, if so, how?  Headphones do work connecting to other devices.

PMB

Mar 3, 2022, 5:42:29 AM3/3/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi ssher...,

Try clearing all previous pairings from the headphones.

Paul
Brennan Support.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2022, 5:55:02 AM3/3/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi ssher

While I do not used Bluetooth anymore, it is BEST to control it on the B2 from the Web UI thus
a.JPG
and (note It is saying I do not have the dongle inserted - which is true)

fred.w....@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2022, 6:00:51 AM3/3/22
to Brennan Forum
sorry

a.JPG

With regard to

"Bluetooth out" message as toggled "off".

We are saying that you should RESET all Bluetooth and control it as displayed above rather then using the Front Controls.
But
a.JPG
Provided you have already managed to PAIR your headphones, to use them, this should be toggled to ON

Fred