Radio Player Music Service

Andy Stobbie

Feb 14, 2022, 12:19:21 PM2/14/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi, I like to listen to Simon Mayo on Greatest Hits Radio, and in the past few days when playing it on my Brennan it has an introductory message that soon this facility will be stopped in the next few days. The message suggests downloading the Radio Player Music Service on Sonos, although not sure this is correct for a Brennan. Any suggestions how I will be able to continue playing GHR on the Brennan in future. The same message comes up for Scala Radio which is part of the same stable
thanks, Andy

JFBUK

Feb 14, 2022, 2:26:19 PM2/14/22
to Brennan Forum

Hi Andy,
This is going to affect a number of radio stations.

The Brennan uses an aggregator, VTuner, as its major source of radio stations and this announcement will mean
that Vtuner and others will not be able to link to the affected radio stations
John

Daniel Taylor

Feb 14, 2022, 2:31:26 PM2/14/22
to Brennan Forum
Maybe the easiest way to deal with the change would be to stream the radio station to your phone/tablem/laptop, and then send the music to the Brennan over Bluetooth.

Daniel Taylor

Feb 14, 2022, 2:31:56 PM2/14/22
to Brennan Forum
tablem?  == tablet  ;o)

PMB

Feb 15, 2022, 4:25:20 AM2/15/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Andy,

We have contacted vTuner about this and they have contacted Bauer. Martin Brennan is also looking into what can be offered going forward.

Watch this space.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Andy Stobbie

Feb 15, 2022, 5:51:01 AM2/15/22
to Brennan Forum
Thanks for the suggestions, hope you get somewhere with Bauer, which is (for me) the easiest solution.
Andy

Andy Stobbie

Feb 15, 2022, 6:51:46 AM2/15/22
to Brennan Forum
PS I hadn't tried bluetoothing my phone to the Brennan before. Just spent some time resetting the dongle, the Brennan now plays Greatest Hits Radio from the phone app via bluetooth. Thanks for the advice. Interestingly, if I cast from the GHR app to the TV soundbar or Google Home that immediately plays the warning that the service is about to stop in a few days. The phone does not pick up the Brennan as a device to cast to, I had to set Media audio in the Samsung phone bluetooth settings.
Still absolutely love my Brennan and support like this is wonderful, thanks again.
Andy

Jeff. M.

Feb 15, 2022, 7:23:47 AM2/15/22
to Brennan Forum
I have just managed to get a planet rock station playing as a stream. When the web plyer is playing from your laptop for instance, right click on it and inspect, somewhere in there you will find the url for the stream! This may not work after they have changed, their listening system!   https://stream......Screenshot (3).png

Andy Stobbie

Mar 1, 2022, 12:37:38 PM3/1/22
to Brennan Forum
I have just tried playing Greatest Hits and Scala on the Brennan, the warning of transmission stopping no longer appears, everything as before, so thank you if you have changed their view on this!
Andy

PMB

Mar 2, 2022, 6:27:21 AM3/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Andy,

Just tried Scala and Planet Rock and found both are playing OK and without the warning message. We did contact vTuner about this who told us that Bauer were changing to app based listening. So not sure what's going on but enjoy while you can....

Paul
Brennan Support.

PMB

Mar 2, 2022, 6:53:08 AM3/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi All,

Richard PM'd me to say -

Just looked on the Planet Rock web site and there is no mention about not broadcasting on Web anymore. In fact it is included in ways to listen.
Perhaps a change of mind. Watch this space.
Cheers
Richard