Wish list additions

ejmic...@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2020, 3:49:14 PM12/28/20
to Brennan Forum
1. Balance control   (left - right speaker volume)
2. More presets (even if only accessible from desktop/phone UI and not the remote control)
3. User assigned tags to enable album search/sorting by type of music

Regards, Ed

Daniel Taylor

Dec 28, 2020, 8:11:42 PM12/28/20
to Brennan Forum
Just a little FYI:  You can edit the tags from your computer when you have your Brennan unit set up as NAS.  That will make the tags accessible for Sonos, but the B2 doesn't use the tag info (unless your wish list item is to make it do so).  I have my playlists set up for various genres.  Works fine.  So I have no need of the genre tag.

PMB

Dec 29, 2020, 4:21:24 AM12/29/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Daniel,

Please let us have more info on editing tags using NAS mode.

Thanks,

Paul
Brennan Support.

Daniel Taylor

Dec 29, 2020, 5:41:33 AM12/29/20
to Brennan Forum
I received this private message from Gregg Moore:

"Can you describe again how this is done for Windows machines, please?   I'm understanding that NAS would let me edit the B2 content from the comfort of a network browser, but also that it's a sometimes finicky set-up."

From a B2 perspective, all you have to do is run the Start NAS command (Maintenance menu).  On your computer's side, things are not so trivial, and it depends on what kind of computer/OS you have.  There are very good instructions here in the forum - some for Windows 10, some for Mac.  I would search for "NAS setup" and in particular, look for posts by Peter.  I wouldn't be surprised if someone would post a link here shortly.

Daniel Taylor

Dec 29, 2020, 5:47:39 AM12/29/20
to Brennan Forum
Editing tags using NAS mode:

When you have your B2 setup as a NAS (Network Attached Storage) disk, you can access the files the same way you would on any other disk drive attached or internal to your computer.  On my Windows computer, I right click on the song file and select Edit Tags.  That option has been there on my computer for so long that I'd forgotten that it might not be native to the OS.  But if you get a good ripping program, such as dBpoweramp CD Ripper, that ability comes with it.  And I'm sure there are other programs that can do that as well - probably some that are free.  Just get to Googling.  A good program (and free) that has been recommended many times, and is quite powerful, is mp3tag.