CD/ DVD reader

Chris Smith

May 10, 2020, 9:10:26 AM5/10/20
to Brennan Forum
Can anyone recommend an inexpensive CD/ DVD reader that will work with a BB1 in order to rip some CD’s please.  I Have one that I se with my MacBook and iMac but the CD’s are not accepted into the CD/DVD drive, probably due to requiring more power.

Thanks in anticipation.

Chris

Mal

May 10, 2020, 10:50:43 AM5/10/20
to Brennan Forum
I bought an Asus External Slim DVD-RW drive -sometime ago which works fine on my BB1. It is still available on Amazon at £23.99

Peter Lowham

May 10, 2020, 11:44:58 AM5/10/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Chris,

An alternative might be to do the ripping on your MacBook/iMac using your existing CD/DVD unit and then transfer the music files to the BB1 either using NAS or a USB stick.

The rippingwould probably be quicker this way and you wouldn't have to wait for the delivery!

Good luck in any case,
Peter.

PMB

May 11, 2020, 5:07:23 AM5/11/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Chris,

I have an ASUS SDRW-08D2S-U DVD/CD Drive (same as Mal) which works OK with the BB1.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Michael Sorrell

May 11, 2020, 10:11:18 AM5/11/20
to Brennan Forum
I do not use a Mac, but for a Windows machine, I recently purchased a LG GE24NU40 Super Multi External 24x DVD Rewriter from Amazon 60 USD. Blazing fast.

Chris Smith

May 12, 2020, 3:28:35 AM5/12/20
to Brennan Forum
Cheers Mal.

Chris

Chris Smith

May 12, 2020, 3:30:29 AM5/12/20
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Mal.  I did consider this.  I wondered whether there may be some issues with file compatibility but you have reassured me.  I think I’d go down the usb stick route.  I’ll try this first.  Thanks.

Chris

Chris Smith

May 12, 2020, 3:30:57 AM5/12/20
to Brennan Forum