Uploading to track database?

Christian Sunderland

Aug 4, 2021, 11:43:03 AM8/4/21
to Brennan Forum
Hello,

Just got my Brennan B2 and loving it! - I'm ripping some fairly obscure CD's that don't get picked up by the online database.  Is there a way I can upload my track labels, once I have updated, so no-one else needs to do it?

Apologies if this is an old questions but I've had my B2 for about 3 hours!

JFBUK

Aug 4, 2021, 12:10:03 PM8/4/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi,

the simplest way is to rename using the Web UI.

When you look at the web ui you will see three dots next to the artist names, album names and track names.

brennan 3 dots.JPG

If you click on the relevant set of dots you will get a dropdown menu appear, click on 'Rename', make your changes and then click OK
A bit laborious but it works :)
Its a good idea to run a 'scan disk' once you have made all your changes so that the B2's index is up to date with all your changes.

John

Christian Sunderland

Aug 4, 2021, 12:14:13 PM8/4/21
to Brennan Forum
I've manually updated.  My question was, can what I have manually be uploaded to the database, so that future Brennan owns who have the same CD, don't need to manual do the same thing?

JFBUK

Aug 4, 2021, 1:15:15 PM8/4/21
to Brennan Forum
Apologies. I misread your original message.
I’m not aware that the B2 will upload the info to a public database but as the B2 now uses the MusicBrainz database you could upload to it yourself.

John

Daniel Taylor

Aug 4, 2021, 1:53:53 PM8/4/21
to Brennan Forum
To do what you suggest you'll have to contact the company who handles the database - in this case MusicBrainz.  It is my understanding that most of the data they have was provided by helpful people such as yourself.