Playing MP3 on B2

Mike Williams

Aug 8, 2020, 5:50:45 PM8/8/20
to Brennan Forum
Apologies if this duplicates previous questions. I have searched but not found quite what I'm looking for.

I have recently backed up all the music on my B2 and then copied to a USB hard drive for use in our motorhome - so far so good, although maybe I should have spent more on a SSD hard drive to cope better with bouncing around.

I have now discovered a load of albums saved as MP3 files on my laptop - many of them are duplicates of the ripped CD collection, but there are others too. Can I import these to the B2, and will they then play from it, albeit at less good quality?

Thanks
Mike

Daniel Taylor

Aug 9, 2020, 7:01:06 AM8/9/20
to Brennan Forum
Yes, you can Import those MP3 tracks onto the B2.  They must be arranged with a folder structure that looks like Artist \ Album \ tracks.  And the disk they're on must be formatted as FAT32 (nothing else works).

PMB

Aug 10, 2020, 4:26:40 AM8/10/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi  Mike,

You could also set up NAS mode and transfer the MP3 tracks (arranged as Artist / Album / Tracks) to the B2 over your WiFi network.

And if you use the web UI there is an 'Upload' option (bottom left hand panel).

Please note if you use Bulk upload it will copy everything from the selected location on your computer (so you will get duplicates unless you copy the required Albums to another location).

For 'File upload' (which allows you to copy selected tracks) the Artist and Album names you enter (when prompted) are where they will be stored on the B2 not where they are coming from.

Paul
Brennan Support.