Brenan app on android phone- B1

Brian Nichols

May 27, 2021, 7:36:38 AM5/27/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi

Have been happily using the Web ui app on my Android Phone .Now the app does not recognise the B1 on my network. The B1 has internet connectivity as the radio tuner works. It seems fine using the Web Ui on my laptop .
Recently had a software update on the phone  and febboted the router
Any ideas or suggestions ?

fred.w....@gmail.com

May 27, 2021, 8:48:30 AM5/27/21
to Brennan Forum
There is a BB1 or a B2 (or JB7) but not a "B1".

Anyhow, please check that the IP number displayed on your BB1 or B2 is still the same as that you are using in the Android Web UI.
If you have not told your house's router to "FIX" the IP number it assigns to the Brennan Unit, it is possible a different one will be issued each time it boots up. If this happens the Android phone will be looking for the Brennan Unit on the wrong IP number.
see
a.jpg

Daniel Taylor

May 27, 2021, 9:54:11 AM5/27/21
to Brennan Forum
I thought the primary function of the Brennan "apps" was to find the IP address so you didn't have to enter it.  I'm happy to learn more.

fred.w....@gmail.com

May 27, 2021, 12:15:56 PM5/27/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Daniel

Complicated :-)
first, brianf... said "  Web ui app on my Android Phone "  so not necessarily an "App".
second, sometimes phones and phone Apps "remember" the last used settings and reuse them once discovered.
third, the symptoms - not Android Phone connection but still with the BB1/B2 radio tuner working (implying the BB1/B2 did indeed have internet connection) would indicate
a) that it may be a BT 5Ghz/2.4Ghz router issue (I did not ask that yet - 1 thing at a time)
b) that the BB1/B2's IP number has not been fixed (thought this more likely because of ("Recently had a software update on the phone  and febboted the router")
Just my thinking.... could be wrong :-(

Fred

Daniel Taylor

May 27, 2021, 12:55:31 PM5/27/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Fred.  I think your comment "sometimes phones and phone Apps "remember" the last used settings and reuse them once discovered" addresses and answers my question nicely.  So when that's the case, there's no advantage over using just the plain WebUI.  And when the IP address is fixed to static, no need for the app.

I feel like my mental ducks are all lined up now.  But if ever there are stray ducks that need rounding up, I'm glad to find out.

PMB

May 28, 2021, 4:00:46 AM5/28/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Brianf,

Have you tired restarting the phone (power off and on again)?

You could also try uninstalling the app and then install it again.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Brian Nichols

May 28, 2021, 5:41:39 AM5/28/21
to Brennan Forum
ok
To confirm was using the Brennan app downloaded from Google play, I pressume thats the correct place to get it
Cleared all the cache and data from phone app
Restarted everything possible
Checked router settings , no available firmware upte
All working

fred.w....@gmail.com

May 28, 2021, 6:04:31 PM5/28/21
to Brennan Forum

There you go..... it was all down to clogged up phone caches.

Fred

PMB

May 31, 2021, 5:04:04 AM5/31/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Brianf,

That's great,  thanks for letting us know.

Paul
Brennan Support.