SD Card

Gary M

Mar 19, 2022, 5:05:22 PM3/19/22
to Brennan Forum
After a web grade my B2 rebooted with red light remaining on. I have re-seeded the SD card but perhaps it's corrupted. Can I download the files for a fresj SD card and start over from there?

Daniel Taylor

Mar 19, 2022, 5:58:35 PM3/19/22
to Brennan Forum
Yes, you can download the file.  Go to the Brennan website to the Techy Stuff page and read the part about New SD Card near the top of the left column.

Peter Lowham

Mar 19, 2022, 6:35:20 PM3/19/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Gary,

The red light staying on after a web upgrade and reboot is normal.  When you 're-seeded the SD card' what process did you run to do this?

From the brief description that you have given, it looks like there was no problem to begin with, unless there is something more to tell.

Regards,
Peter.

Gary M

Mar 20, 2022, 10:19:41 AM3/20/22
to Brennan Forum
I got further along making a new SD card. Turned it on and connected to WiFi and did a scan disk, then a web upgrade which completed and the unit rebooted. Now display says Brennan B2 (no green or red lights now) where it seems to be stuck and will not go to Settings or anything else.

Peter Lowham

Mar 20, 2022, 10:29:28 AM3/20/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Gary,

The B2 units sometimes freeze during a reboot, especially after an upgrade.  I would try powering the B2 down, waiting 10 seconds then power the B2 back up.

That might resolve the situation.

Regards,
Peter.

Gary M

Mar 20, 2022, 10:34:30 AM3/20/22
to Brennan Forum
I followed the suggestion a few times but it results in the same outcome. "Brennan B2" on the display and won't go to anything else. Should I re-do the SD card again and then NOT do a web upgrade?

Peter Lowham

Mar 20, 2022, 10:39:58 AM3/20/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Gary,

Yes, if you reflash the SD card without doing the web upgrade, and then post the software version here, we can work out the next step after that.

Regards,
Peter.

Gary M

Mar 20, 2022, 11:41:26 AM3/20/22
to Brennan Forum
Reflashed the card and everything is working again. The version is b2b18June21.

Peter Lowham

Mar 20, 2022, 12:39:54 PM3/20/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Gary,

Now that we know that the base version works, you could now run the 'Web Upgrade'.  That will take you up to the latest release.

Regards,
Peter.