Better sound from Brennan B2 and Brennan speakers

Keith Knight

Aug 19, 2021, 4:31:50 PM8/19/21
to Brennan Forum

Following on from using a separate amplifier for the Brennan I have now bettered the sound and it is excellent since adding this gadget which connects up optically!

The lead that comes with the gadget a DAC to Analogue Converter is not suitable for the Brennan input, thankfully I had a lead that terminated in a 3.5mm optical plug that went into the Brennan output socket.  I think this is what you will need to use the lead if interested

The output optically is very loud and hi fi clear and rocks the house!   I don't even have the volume turned up on the Brennan!

Thanks to everyone who guided me to use another amplifier.

Love Brennan - Love Music
Keith

fred.w....@gmail.com

Aug 19, 2021, 6:56:19 PM8/19/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Keith,

Glad you are now sorted and happy. One point though, the B2 volume controls do not affect the digital output stream through the optical cable. Volume control is the responsibility of the DAC device or whatever the DAC is connected to.

Fred.

PMB

Aug 20, 2021, 4:19:26 AM8/20/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi All,

The optical output on the B2 shares the same connector as the Line Out and uses a 'mini' TOS Link connector. So you will need an optical cable with mini TOS Link for the B2 and a standard TOS Link plug the other for the DAC or an Amplifier (with optical in) or an adapter for a standard cable, as Keith suggests.

Mini TOS Link cable.jpg
mini TOSLink adapter.jpeg
Paul
Brenan Support.