I am thinking of buying a B1, but have the following, non-technical questions. I am technically challenged, so need simple answers (!) to my simple questions.

Jim Brennan

Dec 8, 2021, 1:52:15 PM12/8/21
to Brennan Forum
  1. I have created playlists, in certain track orders, from tracks that I have  either ripped from CDs  or purchased as MP3s from Amazon, onto my desktop computer.  Can I easily transfer these onto a B1, and if so, how?
  2.  Will a B1 play music on the wireless Sonos speakers in my house?
  3.  We have a remote cabin.  If I bring the portable B1 there, and purchase  2 Brennan speakers, will I be able to play my transferred playlists there?
All the technical problems, questions and answers I see on this site are disquieting.  If I buy the B1, am I just setting myself up for hours of grief?

Daniel Taylor

Dec 8, 2021, 3:26:25 PM12/8/21
to Brennan Forum
You can transfer your music onto the BB1 (up to the limit of the capacity of the specific unit you buy).  But the playlists will have to be built on the BB1.

When you are getting ready to transfer your music, it must be arranged with a folder structure like this:  a folder for each Artist; each Artist folder contains folders for each Album by that artist; then each of those Album folders contains its respective tracks.  Artist\Album\tracks

You can transfer the files in any of three different ways:
1) transfer by copying to a USB stick
2) upload using the WebUI
3) setup the BB1 as a NAS (Network Attached Storage) drive and copy direcly from the computer to the BB1

Once you have your BB1 and are ready, you can check back here for more specific instructions.

Back when I was getting ready to buy my first Brennan unit, I spent time reading the Brennan website.  There is a lot of helpful information there.  Once you've exposed yourself to all that, we're here to help you iron out the wrinkles.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Dec 8, 2021, 5:23:07 PM12/8/21
to Brennan Forum
Not a BB1 owner myself, but I dont think a pair of Brennan speakers can be attached, physically to a BB1, they are for B2 units.
The BB1 has its own internal speaker.

Fred.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Dec 8, 2021, 7:08:23 PM12/8/21
to Brennan Forum

Daniel Taylor

Dec 8, 2021, 7:37:16 PM12/8/21
to Brennan Forum
Although the Brennan speakers won't work with the BB1, there is a USB converter you can get that will allow you to send the signal to an outboard pair of self-powered speakers (or headphones).  More info on that at the Brennan website.

PMB

Dec 9, 2021, 3:58:15 AM12/9/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Brenna...,

It would help us if you could confirm which model Brennan you are interested in - B2 or BB1.

For either model your Playlist will not be compatible and you would need to generate it again on the Brennan.

Paul
Brennan Support.