Recommendations for good Mellow Jazz and Blues Internet Stations and some music I Love

Bob West

Feb 12, 2021, 4:00:28 AM2/12/21
to Brennan Forum
I like Diana Krall, Shirley Horn (especially You Won't Forget Me album), Ahmad Jamal in Paris listen to it here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiARr9JhLEo&list=RDSiARr9JhLEo&start_radio=1) , Getz / Gilberto,  Jazz at the Pawnshop, Tony Bennet, Ella, Sara Vaughn, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rhq53sCfRU&list=RDSiARr9JhLEo&index=2, Stan Getz,  Erroll Garner, and Wille Nelson playing Stardust.  Hope you guys try some these and enjoy them.  Its the reason we do all this isn't it?
Thanks, Bob

jeff...@googlemail.com

Feb 12, 2021, 5:08:25 AM2/12/21
to Brennan Forum
My favourite ATM is perfect smooth jazz, but with your tastes, may be a tad soulful for you. They play a lot of really surprising covers! Give it a try.

Davywhizz

Feb 12, 2021, 5:18:09 AM2/12/21
to Brennan Forum
Well said Bob. Whenever my audiophile tendencies start to get out of control I remind myself that I didn't get hooked on music because I first heard it through high end equipment, but on the tiny elliptical speaker in my parents' TV or a "record player" that looked like a suitcase.

I'm also a big, long-term Diana Krall fan, so well-recorded too. In the past year I made a new (to me - I was a few years late) discovery from South Korea called Winterplay. Essentially a vocal/jazz trumpet duo who added other instrumentalists as needed. Have a look on Spotify or Youtube - the albums are not easy to get and tend to be expensive.

After I finished ripping all my CDs to my B2 I bought a load more, something I never expected, including a bargain box of the first half dozen Julie London albums. There's something magical about those, especially the pared down tracks, with just guitar, guitar and double bass...without the orchestrations.

Paul Harwood

Feb 15, 2021, 8:18:25 AM2/15/21
to Brennan Forum
I'm new here, but couldn't resist contributing to this thread!
I am into contemporary jazz, although less into vocals (love Patti Austin though), and I very often visit an internet radio station for my fix.
It plays more contemporary music than the opening post might be looking for, but the playlist is generally quite exciting and upbeat, though some tracks - only a few - are a bit left field.
The station?  Soma FM Sonic Universe.  Think Esbjorn Svensson, Lars Danielson, Nils Petter Molvaer etc and you get the picture.
Enjoy - and let us know your verdict.

Cheers,
Paul.

jeff...@googlemail.com

Feb 15, 2021, 10:35:13 AM2/15/21
to Brennan Forum
Just listening now, they've about 20 more soma stations, will try them! Perfect smooth jazz still my favourite!

Bob West

Feb 15, 2021, 11:56:58 PM2/15/21
to Brennan Forum

Come on folks, there are a ton of you out there and I bet a bunch listen to internet radio.
How about more of your favorites
Thanks, Bob

PMB

Feb 16, 2021, 5:14:00 AM2/16/21
to Brennan Forum
I tend to flick between Radio Caroline and Radio Paradise.

Paul
Brennan Support.

John Hoskins

Feb 16, 2021, 5:39:28 AM2/16/21
to Brennan Forum

Well it's Mardi Gras so there is really only one place to head - the home of Jazz - New Orleans and WWOZ  https://www.wwoz.org/ . For nearer to home it's Jazz FM (UK) in particular L'il Koko - Wednesday evenings at 9.00 (or on catch-up).

John H