mp3 confusion

Andy Brierley

Feb 14, 2022, 12:10:26 PM2/14/22
to Brennan Forum

I wondered if anyone could talk me through a problem I’m having, it’s a lot to ask, I know.

It’s two fold really, the first problem highlighting the second. I’d like to get mp3s I’ve bought from iTunes onto my Brennan B2. The tracks are on my iPhone, iPad and MacBook Pro which is running macOS Big Sur (which replaces iTunes with the app - Music)

Problem 1. I just can’t find the actual music files on my Mac!

In my endless searching for them I found some old long lost mp3s which provoked my second problem

Problem 2. Having prepared the files with the preferred filing structure, and turned on NAS on the Brennan and connected to it with my Mac, I can see the Brennan’s hard drive and transfer things to it, and even play them on my Mac from the Brennan drive, but the Brennan doesn’t see them directly.

Any assistance with either problem would be very much appreciated. Please bear in mind it’s taken nearly two weeks to get access to this forum, really going off technology ;)

Thank you, Andy

john.h...@gmail.com

Feb 14, 2022, 12:16:57 PM2/14/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi

Fir problem two run scandisc on the Brennan as any items added  via Nas have to searched. By the Brennan indexes

Andy Brierley

Feb 14, 2022, 12:32:24 PM2/14/22
to Brennan Forum
Well that works!

Thank you so much, it’s amazing how the lack of a little bit of knowledge can drive you mad for three days!

Big smile now, cheers.

JFBUK

Feb 14, 2022, 2:37:33 PM2/14/22
to Brennan Forum
Andy,

I think that when your purchased your music it was saved not as MP3. More likely the Apple format  with a file extension of M4A

Search for those

John

PMB

Feb 15, 2022, 4:29:40 AM2/15/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Andy,

And if the music isn't arranged as Artist - Album - Tracks, for example you only have Album - Tracks, the music will get stored under 'Unknown' artist.

See our 'Organising your Music' page - link - for more info.

Paul
Brennan Support.