Broken Power Switch

Martyn Wilson

Nov 3, 2021, 6:58:29 AM11/3/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Guys

The power switch on my BB1 has died and I cannot power it off.

I was an early adopter of the BB1, and the same thing happened from new, I was issued with a replacement, which now has the same problem. Is there an easy fix that anyone is aware of, or will I have to pay to get it repaired.

I love my BB1, but despite treating it with kid gloves because of the previous problem, it has happened again. Is this a general problem, or, am I just unlucky?

Cheers

Martyn

Daniel Taylor

Nov 3, 2021, 8:56:11 AM11/3/21
to Brennan Forum
The Power button on my BB1 has always been flakey.  So I think it's not uncommon.  The guts of the BB1 are packed pretty tight. So I think it would be difficult to replace the button yourself.  Let's hear from Paul at Brennan to see what their position is.

Martyn Wilson

Nov 3, 2021, 10:16:59 AM11/3/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Daniel

PMB

Nov 4, 2021, 4:31:53 AM11/4/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Martyn,

It's not a known problem as far as I know.

Does the switch make a positive click when pressed? Are you pressing the centre part of the button?

I don't think a DIY repair is possible - I haven't found out how to dismantle the BB1 myself - so a return to AudioTech will be required. Please email us on -   thebrennanb2   @   gmail   .   com   - no spaces and I'll get the returns instructions emailed to you.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Martyn Wilson

Nov 10, 2021, 4:44:24 AM11/10/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul

Nope, the switch does not make a positive click and is slightly at an angle, which is identical to the situation of the original BB1 ;(

PMB

Nov 10, 2021, 4:50:24 AM11/10/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Martyn,

I'll need to ask AudioTech about how difficult it is to change the switch - watch this space.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Martyn Wilson

Nov 11, 2021, 10:01:03 AM11/11/21