Random play not working on B2

CARL CHATTERTON

Apr 2, 2022, 12:34:30 PM4/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Random play now no longer works with any playlists on my B2 since the update to the app. I have tried selecting random on the app and within the web interface and it is just ignoring the playlist and just randomises my whole library  I have updated and rebooted the device, and reinstalled the app but to no avail.  Is there a fix to this as it is something I use a lot.
Many thanks
Carl

Peter Lowham

Apr 3, 2022, 12:58:25 PM4/3/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Carl,

Can you give us some more detail as to which software version you were on (when the random play worked OK) and which version you are now on?

When you say you 'reinstalled the app' can you provide a summary of the steps that you went through to achieve that?

Regards,
Peter.

CARL CHATTERTON

Apr 4, 2022, 2:23:44 PM4/4/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Peter.

Apologies, it would appear that I had been causing the issue...
After playing around, I realised where I was going wrong.
Instead of pressing the play icon on a playlist title, I had been pressing the playlist name and then play on a specific item to start with.
This plays my selection but continues to randomize the entire library.
If you press the play icon on a playlist, it randomises and stays with the playlist.

All part of the learning curve I guess...
Many thanks
Carl

Peter Lowham

Apr 4, 2022, 2:32:49 PM4/4/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Carl,

Thanks for the update; that's very helpful to know.

Regards,
Peter.