Playlist created in Web UI not available in App

Tom Piette

Dec 20, 2021, 2:54:40 PM12/20/21
to Brennan Forum
Maybe this has been asked before and perhaps there is a solution. I created a number of Playlists in the Web UI that are accessible in the UI and the B2 menu. However, they do not appear in the Brennan App. Only the RED, BLUE, etc ones show up in the app. I am running the latest App version for Android. Shouldn't the Playlists show up as selections? Am I doing something wrong?

Daniel Taylor

Dec 20, 2021, 3:02:39 PM12/20/21
to Brennan Forum
It may be an issue with the cache on the device that is running the app.  On a computer browser, I know how to force a refresh.  But on a phone or tablet I don't know how.  But I think that's what you have to do.  I don't know if will be as simple as closing the app completely and starting it up again.

If that doesn't work... I think in the App, there's a way to switch over to the WebUI.  Do that and see if the Playlist items update correctly.  If so, then switch back to the previous view.

Hopefully, someone will come along with a more definitive and helpful answer, and I can delete this post. ;o)

JFBUK

Dec 20, 2021, 4:14:27 PM12/20/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi,
I ran a test and created a new playlist in the Web UI running  in a browser.
I switched to the app and branched to Web Ui from within the app. The playlist was accessible
You can’t get to playlists  directly  from within the app
I did do this all on the same device, an iPad.

I am running the latest app and  the latest B2B software.
 Are you on the latest software ?

John

fred.w....@gmail.com

Dec 20, 2021, 5:26:20 PM12/20/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi
Certainly the problem is with the phone/tablet you are using. The manufacturers try an minimise data usage by cacheing a lost of stuff. On occasion this means that the device does not bother to refresh parts of a page.
Crating the App cache or indeed the device cacheing policy may help.

Fred

Tom Piette

Dec 20, 2021, 6:20:13 PM12/20/21
to Brennan Forum
This is in the settings: Version B2B Oct 22 2021 12:29:15
This would be the B2s soft not the app I assume.
Message has been deleted

Tom Piette

Dec 20, 2021, 6:27:35 PM12/20/21
to Brennan Forum
The App shows V 2.0.1

PMB

Dec 21, 2021, 6:26:56 AM12/21/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi tjpi...,

Try powering the phone off and on again.

Paul
Brennan Support.

JFBUK

Dec 21, 2021, 6:32:05 AM12/21/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi,

just a thought.
When I tried the app from my Android phone the display of playlists was slightly  different so it can be device dependent

When you branch to the Web UI from within the app, go to playlists, and click the down arrow for a list of playlists, the list of playlists is a scrollable window and the ones you create are at the bottom of the list.
On my phone I have to scroll down to see mine.

John

Tom Piette

Dec 21, 2021, 11:49:59 AM12/21/21
to Brennan Forum
John, thank you so much! Sure enough they showed up. I did have to shut down the app and open again which I had thought I tried a few times but the real solution was that the sub-menu is scroll-able. When scrolled, sure enough they were there.
Thank you everyone!
Happy Holidays to all!