Saving New Internet Radio Presets/Time

Alan Cohen

Jan 14, 2019, 9:01:57 AM1/14/19
to Brennan Forum
I just bought a refurbished B2 that came with 10 Internet Radio presets and I have been trying to change them. I used the VTuner to change the presets (it showed them successfully changed), and the new channels appeared on my unit. I tried to save the new channels on the unit following the instructions -- when I played a new channel, I held a number on the remote and  it responded "Station Added." However, when I turn the unit off and back on, I lose the new presets and it goes back to the original presets.

The same is true for the time. I set the time and it shows the right time. When I turn the unit off and back on, it reverts to the time I had just changed.

Am I missing something? Is there anything I can do to get the presets/time saved?

I would appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks.

Daniel Taylor

Jan 14, 2019, 9:12:33 AM1/14/19
to Brennan Forum
I can't tell from your post if you already know this or not, but I will remind everyone:

The proper way to shut down the B2 is to press and hold the Stop button on the front panel until the word Saving appears on the display, then wait until the word Saving disappears and is replaced by the time, then turn off the power.  This accomplishes two things: 1) it ensures that the B2 is not in the middle of doing something when power is cut, which could possibly corrupt the software, 2) it saves any new settings that you have applied since the last session.

Alan Cohen

Jan 14, 2019, 10:40:09 AM1/14/19
to Brennan Forum
Daniel, Thanks. I was not shutting it down properly. When I shut it down properly, the time saved. However, the Internet Radio presets are still not saving.

Sometimes when I change the VTuner to save the new presets, I see the change on the B2. Sometimes I don't. Right now, the VTuner is showing the new presets but the B2 is not.

Also, the VTuner seems to randomly return to the original presets. Is there something I have to do to save the presets on the VTuner?

In my last effort, I got the first preset to display on the B2 and saved it -- I got the "Station Added" message. I then looked for the other presets but the original ones were there. I tried to get the first preset back, but it had also disappeared.

This is getting frustrating ...

Alan Cohen

Jan 14, 2019, 12:07:26 PM1/14/19
to Brennan Forum
I think I have worked this out. I did it by playing each new station, holding the number on the remote for the new preset, and then holding the stop button to get the "Saving" message. I did that separately for each station and the presets seem to be holding when I turn it off.

The only new wrinkle is that when I go to turn off the unit and hold the stop button to get the "Saving" message, that message is displayed for a really long time. It didn't do that when I first started saving correctly. I guess I can live with that for now unless there are thoughts as to why that is happening.

Thanks for the quick help.

Alan

Daniel Taylor

Jan 14, 2019, 1:43:56 PM1/14/19
to Brennan Forum
I will readily agree that the B2 can be somewhat quirky.  I'm glad you were able to coax it to save the presets.

I think the problem with Saving taking a long time is that you have to close the browser window that contains the WebUI.  Not sure, but that's what I do.

PMB

Jan 15, 2019, 4:33:48 AM1/15/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi Alan,

I do a similar procedure to your working solution - I find a station on vTuner > play it to check the URL is still valid > save it to a preset using the web UI (click on the three dots).

Have just tried saving a new station to preset, powered off (after selecting Standby from the main menu), powered on and found the station was still in the preset list.

Saving is always a good idea though.

Paul
Brennan Support.