Thoughts on Sonos Play 1 with the B2

David Greenbaum

Dec 9, 2019, 12:37:27 PM12/9/19
to Brennan Forum
I think I've seen various exchanges about Sonos speakers so my question is probably not new. But I'm new here so please excuse my ignorance!

I've linked my Brennan B2 with Ruark MR1 speakers via an optical cable and the result is excellent. I'm now thinking of adding a speaker to use in the kitchen, in part to listen to radio stations but also music at times. I'm thinking of the Sonos Play 1 which I would link via the home WiFi. Seems a good price at the moment. Any thoughts on how good this is likely to be?

I assume that if I tried to power both the Sonos and MR1s together they may be out of synch?

john Henrick

Dec 9, 2019, 12:46:56 PM12/9/19
to Brennan Forum
To use a play one you would need a sonos device with an input or use the B2 in nasmode it would not play at the same time or in sync with be speakers

john Henrick

Dec 9, 2019, 2:17:09 PM12/9/19
to Brennan Forum
I would recommend sonos with B2 set up as Nas device you can then playmudic from the Brennan for internet radio you would have to.use the sonos app .

Connected to WiFi I have found sonos faultless

I have my B2 in Nas mode a d also as a line in on a sonos play 5 all working great

Lawrence Stringer

Dec 9, 2019, 4:44:41 PM12/9/19
to Brennan Forum
I added my B2 to the Sonos app and it appears as an alternative to other music sources.