Trouble recording from Aux In

David Tellett

Aug 26, 2019, 10:34:42 AM8/26/19
to Brennan Forum
I’m having difficulty recording into the B2. I’m transferring old cassettes to the digital realm!

I’m selecting Aux input, the B2 resets speed and reboots. I can then play the audio perfectly well through the B2 and it sounds great. But when I press REC on the remote, the green light flashes once and nothing else happens, the source just keeps playing but no recording is taking place.

(I’ve successfully recorded vinyl into the B2 before and I remember the green light flashing and the recording length being displayed, so something is wrong.)

I have tried going to Get Recordings but the B2 displays “failed”. I’m not sure if this means there is nothing to retrieve on the SD card (which would make sense since no recording appears to be happening) or that the SD card is somehow corrupted? Perhaps this preventing recording?

Anyone had similar issues? Any ideas welcome!

David

David Tellett

Aug 26, 2019, 11:33:46 AM8/26/19
to Brennan Forum
I’ve now replaced the SD card with a new one with the file image downloaded from the Brennan website.

B2 booted fine, software upgrade done. HDD plays as usual. Still won’t record! 🤨

PMB

Aug 27, 2019, 5:03:23 AM8/27/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi David,

With the SD Card plugged into your computer what does 'Properties' show - usage, free space, etc?

What software version are you running? Have you updated this since the last time you tried recording?

Paul
Brennan Support.

David Tellett

Aug 27, 2019, 1:37:30 PM8/27/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul,
It shows only 16kb used, and 5.7 Gb free. Not sure that’s correct - it’s a 16Gb card.

I did do an update to the latest software....

PMB

Aug 28, 2019, 11:01:00 AM8/28/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi David,

Tried a recording this morning and it worked OK with latest software. The red LED flashes during recording, the green just flashes in response to the remote command.

Wonder what's taking up the other 10GBs, the software is not that large.... Might be worth programming the SD Card again.

Paul
Brennan Support.