Stuck in "CD loading" mode

Thomas Mangano

Feb 1, 2022, 11:35:09 AM2/1/22
to Brennan Forum
I am relative new to the B2, and I have a problem that I hope is a simple to fix to resolve my current problem/issue of ripping additional cds.

This is a NEW B2, replacing my first new B2, so I just do not have allot of hours of B2 knowledge.  This unit was working like a champ and I was able to rip 53 albums and play them with no issues.

My B2 is operating wirelessly and I can see it on my Ipad, and its giving me the router address..so it connected. I can play albums from my Ipad.  However, I CAN NO LONGER RIP Cds, and this problem occurs in the B2s cd reader, and accessory cd reader that I have.  This happens in control panel mode, remote mode and Ipad mode.

THIS problem ALL STARTED AFTER A POWER FAILURE..........My home has a transfer switch and generator, so there was lost of grid power and then restoration of power with the transfer switch/generator and then a reverse cycle when grid power was restored.

I believe the unit was in standby mode at the time of the power lost.

I have cycled the unit off and on. Left it off for hours, but the  problem still persists.

When I insert a new cd to rip.  ( this happens on every/multiple cds I insert)

My Ipad interface says "CD LOADING", and no other information like track count extra.

The front B2 panel says  "DB lookup"

I would guess my OS is corrupted with the power failure i have lost ripping function but i am not sure.  Again note I have cycled my B2 on and off few times to reboot it, this does not resolve the problem.

I would appreciate any advise and instructions what to do next.

Thank you in advance for your guidance and expertise.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Feb 1, 2022, 2:31:36 PM2/1/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi mangano

Yes no computer really likes its power suddenly interrupted. There are two things I would like you to try.
1 At boot up is your front display saying anything like HDD Read Only or using SD?
2 There is a menu command

fred.w....@gmail.com

Feb 1, 2022, 2:34:34 PM2/1/22
to Brennan Forum
Sorry continued...
2 There is a menu command
Main menu .. Settings .. Maintenance .. Advanced .. Reset CD

This may cure the issue if it is indeed CD related.

Frex

Thomas Mangano

Feb 1, 2022, 3:46:21 PM2/1/22
to Brennan Forum
Fred/forum

On reboot the Display did NOT say anything like HDD read only or using SD.

It did say "cd loading"

I executed the "Reset CD" in the settings/maintenance/advanced menue.

THAT FIXED IT!  I can now Rip cds again.

Problem solved.........Thank you forum, and a big thank you to Fred.

PMB

Feb 2, 2022, 4:37:43 AM2/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Mangano,

It sounds like you should power the B2 off when it is not being used (or compressing) in case of power outages.

The recommended power procedure is - with the B2 paused and displaying the clock, press and hold the Play/Stop button until 'saving' is shown and then release the button. Wait for the clock to reappear before powering off.

Paul
Brennan Support.