Librespot new version

Hbunnet

Oct 17, 2021, 1:16:08 PM10/17/21
to Brennan Forum
I seem to have lost the ability to play Spotify through my B2. I haven't used it for a month or so.

I note that there was a Librespot update a few days ago, is this responsible?   https://github.com/librespot-org/librespot

I should also note that the ethernet address from my router changed recently for reasons unknown.

Hbunnet

Oct 17, 2021, 1:28:31 PM10/17/21
to Brennan Forum
Sorry, just a minor unexplained glitch. Working fine now.
John

Daniel Taylor

Oct 17, 2021, 1:32:50 PM10/17/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi John,
Your router may change the IP address any time the B2 boots up.  Some routers seem to always assign the same IP address every time.  But others don't.  AFAIK, all routers can be set explicitly to assign the same IP address every time, but you have to research how your particular router needs to have that done.

Hbunnet

Oct 17, 2021, 2:32:16 PM10/17/21
to Brennan Forum
The changed IP address was a Red Herring and irrelevant to the problem.  Strange though, it's the first time I've had a change in  nearly 3 years.
John