Ethernet connection

williamsi...@btinternet.com

May 24, 2021, 5:36:01 AM5/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Due to slightly patchy wi-fi, I have decided to try an Ethernet connection for my five-year-old B2 and I am a little confused by the cables available. I gather from the Brennan website that a flat cable might be best... but there appear to be two different types - cat 6 and cat 7. Which is best for the job? I am going to need about 10 metres. Many thanks. Simon

fred.w....@gmail.com

May 24, 2021, 8:36:34 AM5/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Provided you are only doing a short run, it is not external (outside the house) and not being run next to noisy power cables, cat 6 should be fine.
This is a good video to watch on subject.
I would however advise that you get a short Male to female lead and attach this to the B2  see
or

If you do this it means that you can unplug the Ethernet and move the B2 if you need to, without having to take the back off to disconnect the cable. (You plug your longer ethernet cable into the now exposed female socket) - otherwise you are draging round 10 m of cable!

Hope this helps

Fred

williamsi...@btinternet.com

May 24, 2021, 11:35:14 AM5/24/21
to Brennan Forum
This is just what I needed... many thanks Fred.

Simon