Merge albums

Randy Citrano

Apr 19, 2021, 2:07:41 PM4/19/21
to Brennan Forum
Is there a way to merge albums using a MAC?

fred.w....@gmail.com

Apr 19, 2021, 2:48:20 PM4/19/21
to Brennan Forum
Yes, the best way is to use the B2's NAS function and then do it with the Mac's file utility.
The tracks in an album are numbered sequentially at the start of the tracks' file name - Albums can be merged by editing these numbers (renaming the files) so that the tracks form the merged albums form a sequential list. There is advice on the forum
on how best to do this.
Fred

Message has been deleted

fred.w....@gmail.com

Apr 19, 2021, 9:02:13 PM4/19/21
to Brennan Forum
Here is a way to do it that I have copied and pasted from another thread on this forum. (it is a good explanation!).
--------------------------
to Brennan Forum
I have merged all the multi CD albums on my B2 it is a simple to do if you have the NAS set up so you can access the music directory from your PC or Mac.

The folder structure is (using The Wall as an example)

Pink Floyd
The Wall CD 1
01 Track 1
02 Track 2
03 Track 3 etc.
The Wall CD 2
01 Track 1
02 Track 2
03 Track 3 etc.

What I have done for multi CD albums is first to rename the tracks putting an extra number at the start of the filename. You can do this using Windows Explorer.

 Pink Floyd
The Wall CD 1
101 Track 1
102 Track 2
103 Track 3 etc.
The Wall CD 2
201 Track 1
202 Track 2
203 Track 3 etc.

I then copy the files from The CD 2 folder to the CD 1 folder

Pink Floyd
The Wall CD 1
101 Track 1
102 Track 2
103 Track 3 etc.
201 Track 1
202 Track 2
203 Track 3 etc.
The Wall CD 2
Finally I delete the now empty CD 2 folder and rename the combined folder

 Pink Floyd
The Wall CD 1+2
101 Track 1
102 Track 2
103 Track 3 etc.
201 Track 1
202 Track 2
203 Track 3 etc.
The advantage of adding the extra number is you know, when looking at the track, what CD it comes off.

Hope this helps.
Fred